Win a free copy of GTA V!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kazzhul

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
I still remember the first GTA when you could run over citizens in top view. The smooshing of people like grapes was definitely a first for its time.

BumbleeShot

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
I grew up playing GTA 3. In my puberty I played a lot of GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas. Now I want to keep playing GTA.

The best thing of GTA is the possibility to play online and do heists with your friends.

TripleBullet

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Back in the day on my PS2 I had gotten my hands on San Andreas. After playing the game for a good long while I whipped out the cheat codes.

Cheat 1 - Gave all pedestrians weapons.

Cheat 2 - Made pedestrians free for all kill each other.

Cheat 3 - Made pedestrians drive crazy.

Cheat 4 - Turned on Riot mode, made lights flicker and buildings smoke

Cheat 5 - I spawned the Apache Helicopter

So what I did and I was probably 12 at the time is I role played like I was in the military and the apocalypse started. I would fly around watching pedestrians fight each other and then decide "These are the good guys, those are the bad" And light them up trying to help get the city under control. I would ask "Command" for permission to engage targets before attacking. After awhile I spawned the tank and did the same thing. One of the best gaming experiences ever. Made me feel like a militant hero. In truth I was just CJ with a bunch of cheat codes. I'll literally never forget it.

osz15

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
Hey :)
I really enjoyed playing GTA IV
May favorite and best moment was when I was stealing the amazing super car from the car gallery in the rich city it was so excited the car was packed inside the car shop and I just ride it and broke the glass and ran away Hehehehe

Gamerhcp

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
GTA VC was the first game I played on my first PC. I constantly got BSODs though so we sent it back to the shop and they did something who knows what. That was around 2005 I believe. Years later, I wanted to play GTA 4, so I upgraded my pc back in 2011 or so and managed to run it although it's very laggy. I've beat GTA SA in ~4-5 hours.

ekirby25

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
2 moments, 2 different games

The first moment was in Vice City on PS2. I broke into the police station and found the dildo stash by accident. You could then equip it as a weapon and beat people with it.

I actually have this game on PS4 and was recording when I saw a cop pulling over an AI driver. The driver decided to run so I assisted the cop and pitted the driver. The driver gets out and the cop shoots him several times, once the guy dies the cop just drives away. I literally assisted in a cop on pedestrian murder and then Karma kind of kicks in a minute or so later as I rear end another car and get thrown through my windshield to my death. I have purchased GTA V twice now on both generations of consoles so I feel it would be nice to receive the PC version for free so that I can play the mods on my new PC build! Not to mention I used Toms Hardware reviews to help spec out my build! Here is the video of the cop moment...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9HX5XgPvc0

Three Eighty-Six

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

My favorite GTA moment was where I didn't own the game but really wanted to play it... then I won a copy from Tom's Hardware and I was totally stoked!

Seriously, I don't have any GTA moments because I don't own GTA or any mouth-breather boxes. #pcmasterrace

panzermoi

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
The more fun i did in GTA IV for me was wandering around killing some pedestrian and wait for the cops to arrives and then dispatch them with a RPG-7, take a copter and fly away, later do the same thing over and over again, after i was fed up playing it.

Deadwe1ght

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
This all happened in about 4 seconds.

My earliest memory is of driving top down in the original GTA on Playstation 1, just driving along wondering what to do next when I see a string of people wearing orange jump suits all walking in a perfect line before me. "Whats this?" I ask myself "Prison escapees?"

Then it dawned on me; Hare Krishnas!

These people must die!

"GOURANGA!!!"

That was me hooked.

trivial

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
It's really hard to pick a favourite moment... sorry to be boring. I'm going to go with meeting Trevor for the first time. What a bizarre, terrifying, hilarious character. He was pretty funny on Better Call Saul as well.

Well, before all of this white police shooting back civilians we had just the opposite with GTA San Andreas. Here playing the under privileged Black person you were able to exact some major revenge and add a bit of humility at the same time by entering the cop shop and making your way to the showers in the back. There you are able to find a two headed (cough eh hem ) woman's friend, lets say, and fight your way out killing all who opposed you with this double sided weapon.

Now who would not be at least embarrassed by getting the snot beaten out of them by this unique purple apparatus?

Veloxer

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Well, my favourite GTA experience I think was back in GTA2, getting up to the tank and riding on the streets like "I'm the boss here motherf*ckers, no one can stop me". It was really fun to see police start searching me after destroying the first car, then they came fast to me only to get down of the tank and explode. Man, I won the first two levels only doing that ! Money didn't stop raising hahaha I really loved that, I spent hours destroying everything and they couldn't get me out of the tank because they wouldn't get on it if it was on top of a car xD they would be spinning forever without being able to open the tank's side door, oooh sweet old gaming experiences...

JohnnyPG

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
It was many blood moons ago in October of 2001 when I first awoke to the adventures that awaited me. This was, of course, my first experience. I didn't need protection because I was well-versed in using my fingers very well in the past. Even when my hands got tired, I still managed to control the situation with my rather overly sized nose. Since then, I've thrown grenades underneath the elderly, flown a tank over the city for hours, and landed my motorcycle on top of a hovering jet. All this couldn't have been done without this wonderful piece of human nature known as Grand Theft Auto.

This piece of interactive cinema has landed a bulls-eye on my brain and has fused with me ever since. I've been fortunate enough to play the latest one, but not my own copy. I look forward to the day that I can play this magnificent piece of art on my PC, rather than a console. This, my friends, is my chance. Let it be.

Patrick Phillips

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
A lot of great moments through out GTA's history. I use to play the demo/shareware as a kid of the original GTA , hard to believe the game would change into something much different. Great moments on the PS2, just hanging with friends all summer long playing GTA 3, It felt so really, esp going from top down view into something much more immersive.

mthusker

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
GTA3 was the first thing my (then future-) brother-in-law and I bonded over. Hours of late night gaming (mixed with various adult beverages). He just got back from 2 years overseas, and we've been waiting to get GTA V and start the shenanigans all over again.

NikoKiko

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
The last one I played was Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It was great fun speeding and all the mission, stealing cars and running over people :) sometimes
I'm looking forward to play this new edition soon, Hope I can win a free copy here :) :)

arcticfox309

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
My favourite 'moment' was GTA IV's entire story. Especially the firefights around the final missions.
GTA IV was the second GTA game where I felt like there is a great story, with real characters, with 'real' stuff happening.
(First one was GTA:SA.)

Well, here goes nothing. :)

Oh and I almost forgot, The Lost and Damned was also great. From beginning to end.

biggranny

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
I've had a lot of enjoyable moments in the GTA series. I first started with GTA IV for PC which isn't the best, and I also have GTA V on my Xbox 360 which the game looks meh, and I would really enjoy it on PC because I barely console game and just PCs are so far ahead in the game. My best moment? That's a tricky one. Maybe when my friends played multiplayer on GTA IV and we sat there with a huge police assault with a huge car barricade that we built. Lasted quite a long time. I also really enjoy racing and cars in both GTA games, the cars and physics are unique and awesome. Although the damage is great but unrealistic at times.

Coyotezeye

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
GTA has been an addicting game for me for years. I think my fondest memories were in GTA Vice City. I never did beat GTA III. But I did beat / finish GTA Vice City. I loved the whole Miami Vice meets Scarface Storyline. The cars, the sound track & of course the mass killing sprees.

The DeadRunner

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
My favourite GTA moment was the Stowaway mission in GTA San Andreas.

Carl had to board a departing cargo plane with a motorcycle, kill the onboard federal agents, and destroy the plane.

I managed to kill the agents, plant the bomb, and jump out the back of the plane before it blew up.

The next thing I saw was Carl looking like a badass as he dove out of the exploding plane with his parachute on as MISSION PASSED faded in and the San Andreas anthem came on.

All mission endings should make you feel that badass.

Here's a YouTube video of the mission in question: http://youtu.be/gxw_y4-aUIU

Status
Not open for further replies.