Sep 16, 2024
Hi,

Issue: Blue Screen of Death ( BSOD) with error " HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED"

This issue occurs consistently thereby preventing our Veeam Backup and Replication from successful completing backups.Basically the VM is not able to reboot and we must force it. This has been happening for about one week now.
Before then, there were never any issues whatsoever. The server is patched, except for MS Defender Antivirus update -KB2267602 which i am going to install soon.all drivers are up to date. Today i just Updated vmxnet3 ethernet adapter

I have attemted various troubleshooting steps as outlined in Microsoft documentation, but the issue persists.
Steps taken so far:
1. in Safe Mode- i wet to CMD as Administrator, typed bcdedit /set useplatformclock true, then checked by typing bcdedit /enum and it shows yes.
2. I entered the commands:
bootrec /RebuildBcd
bootrec /FixMbr
bootrec /FixBoot
3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ernalexe/1d4a88d5-13df-45d7-b717-f4b8c81a1ee5

This is the onedrive link for the dumps
https://1drv.ms/u/c/21134fc0a18bab93/EWLZ_bSy-sRHpbXOcOS7vkcBK-oGZalxXBIFuC7VexBJgw?e=qQJ2yc

OS Name: MS Windows Server 2019 Datacenter
OS Version: 10.0.17763 ( Build 17763)
OS Configuration : Standalone Server
OS Build Type: Multiprocesor Free

The HAL Initialization Failed Error commonly arises from corrupt or outdated drivers, incompatible hardware, damaged system files, a faulty hard drive, or a virus attack.

I would run a scan on your drives to make sure they are ok. You could also see what windows drivers or updates were installed right before the issue and uninstall them.

Has your veeam recently been updated? We run server 2016 data center with veeam backup, veeam is on build 11.0.1.1261

Sep 16, 2024
The HAL Initialization Failed Error commonly arises from corrupt or outdated drivers, incompatible hardware, damaged system files, a faulty hard drive, or a virus attack.

I would run a scan on your drives to make sure they are ok. You could also see what windows drivers or updates were installed right before the issue and uninstall them.

Has your veeam recently been updated? We run server 2016 data center with veeam backup, veeam is on build 11.0.1.1261
I am currently running a full can. Yes, our Veeam is update to version 12.2