[SOLVED] Win Zip Smart Monitor

garryash

Distinguished
May 16, 2012
I just finished setting up my new desktop. On the previous one I had a nice little download from "Winrar" tha gave me all the old "Windows 7-8=9 " games. Never had a problem with it. When I downloaded from Winrar this time it dumped a programe called "Win zip smart moinitor" Can anyone tell me if this is safe to keep on or should I uninstall it. Uninstalling removes the games tha I enjoy when I want something relaxing to play>

Solution
I have been downloading these ever since win 7 was replaced. Never had a problem with them or any "Under the carpet" software. But I have never had win rar tryng to opdate the drivers on my PC. I know there are updates needed as it is a new build and I am still going through the list. The win 7 games are : Chess/Freecell/Hearts/Mahjong/Minesweeper/Purpleplace/Solitaire/Spider solitaire.

You are a bit confused about what WinRAR is, it's just a program for compressing and uncompressing files. You may have downloaded the program from the wrong site or the files you are trying to install are spyware or a virus. WinRAR does not update any drivers or install extra software, if installed from the legitimate source. Your issue is...
D

Deleted member 14196

Winrar archives are often littered with viruses. Where did you get this file from? It doesn’t sound legal to me

USAFRet

Titan
I just finished setting up my new desktop. On the previous one I had a nice little download from "Winrar" tha gave me all the old "Windows 7-8=9 " games. Never had a problem with it. When I downloaded from Winrar this time it dumped a programe called "Win zip smart moinitor" Can anyone tell me if this is safe to keep on or should I uninstall it. Uninstalling removes the games tha I enjoy when I want something relaxing to play>
WinRAR does not host or publish 'games'.

You may have downloaded some pirated games, that were in a .rar archive.
Said game collections are often/usually combined with all sorts of nastyware

AS far as "Windows 7-8=9 " games?
I have NO idea what that is, but is does not sound legit in any way.

garryash

Distinguished
May 16, 2012
I have been downloading these ever since win 7 was replaced. Never had a problem with them or any "Under the carpet" software. But I have never had win rar tryng to opdate the drivers on my PC. I know there are updates needed as it is a new build and I am still going through the list. The win 7 games are : Chess/Freecell/Hearts/Mahjong/Minesweeper/Purpleplace/Solitaire/Spider solitaire.

You are a bit confused about what WinRAR is, it's just a program for compressing and uncompressing files. You may have downloaded the program from the wrong site or the files you are trying to install are spyware or a virus. WinRAR does not update any drivers or install extra software, if installed from the legitimate source. Your issue is the file you are trying to extract, not the program that is doing the extracting.

Solution