[SOLVED] Win10 and Ubuntu on one drive

asdqwe321

Honorable
Jul 16, 2018
I am currently running a set up with one 120gb ssd and 1tb hdd. I want to install ubuntu on the windows 10 drive (120gb ssd) and I plan to get another 240ssd to install only software / games on it. Is it going to be an issue if I install apps on one ssd (the 240gb one) from two different OSs installed on a different drive?

Solution
windows is just growing every year, so if you think you can get away with it, its up to you.

I only have win 10 on my ssd and it takes 71gb...
16gb of that is page file
6,2gb is user appdata
6gb downloads
windows is 16.2gb
program data is 10gb

CFOi6VC.jpg

so yeah, the os is only part of the picture. You can't install everything to other drive and that just gets messy if you reinstall the os. I find it easier to have anything that needs to be reinstalled with the OS on the same drive as it.

asdqwe321

Honorable
Jul 16, 2018
120gb ssd is only just big enough for win 10 now. I would get a bigger ssd and if you need to, run both on it.

I don't see any problems using 1 ssd storage device for 2 OS but you need more space for the OS too.

You need 2 240's
I plan on keeping both OS on the drive only. All other software and games will be on another drive. According to the internet both Os need around ~25bg each. Isn't 120 enough?

Colif

Win 11 Master
windows is just growing every year, so if you think you can get away with it, its up to you.

I only have win 10 on my ssd and it takes 71gb...
16gb of that is page file
6,2gb is user appdata
6gb downloads
windows is 16.2gb
program data is 10gb

CFOi6VC.jpg

so yeah, the os is only part of the picture. You can't install everything to other drive and that just gets messy if you reinstall the os. I find it easier to have anything that needs to be reinstalled with the OS on the same drive as it.

Reactions: asdqwe321
Solution