[SOLVED] win10 - cmd prompt terminal runs often on its own after installing 'free' software and I caught a screengrab. Is it bad??

Status
Not open for further replies.

danstar10

Prominent
Nov 4, 2019
Hi guys,
I recently installed a patched version of adobe premiere pro 2021. Ever since then, if I boot up windows I get a command prompt that pops up. It often stays blank, but sometimes it prints some info and I managed to screengrab it:

jeaiafg.jpg

The address in the top of the cmd prompt is: C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\jeaiafg

it seems to run every time I start up, and then every so often a cmd shell will pop up and have that address on top, but sometimes only lasts for a millisecond.

I have looked in that folder location (C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\) and there is nothing that matches the jeaiafg

I also ran a scan of that drive after this happened and windows security found a bunch of stuff, mostly in the same folder that it quarantined / removed. These were:

C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\gpresult.exe
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\rdrleakdiag.exe
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\SysResetErr.exe
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\icacls.exe

C:\Users\Dan\AppData\RoamingGPUXtreme.exe
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\RoamingDiskClean.exe

C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\585A.exe

These files all seem to have been removed now as I cannot see them anymore. I am not sure if these are related to the patched install too as I have not run a windows security system scan for a while so they could have been there for some time already.

When installing the patched software I had to turn off windows security, (which is pretty normal for patched software I think??)

Any ideas if I have installed some nasty stuff onto my computer?? I am not up to speed with antivirus / malware scans. I used to use hijackThis so went to download it but it says it has been discontinued since 2017, so is there any software someone can recommend that may be able to help me out?

Thanks for any advice in advance
Dan

Last edited:
Solution
From a torrent site
Right....

Pirated software.
Toms Hardware does not support or assist with pirated software.

There is no 'patched version'.
This system is compromised.

What I WILL suggest is the following:
Turn this PC off NOW.
From some other device, change ALL your online passwords.
Create a NEW Windows 10 install USB
Full wipe and reinstall. All drives and partitions.

Other than that, closing this and you're on your own.

USAFRet

Titan
From a torrent site
Right....

Pirated software.
Toms Hardware does not support or assist with pirated software.

There is no 'patched version'.
This system is compromised.

What I WILL suggest is the following:
Turn this PC off NOW.
From some other device, change ALL your online passwords.
Create a NEW Windows 10 install USB
Full wipe and reinstall. All drives and partitions.

Other than that, closing this and you're on your own.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.