[SOLVED] Win10 DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION BSOD, brand new system

yowveetoo

Honorable
Dec 30, 2016
I've been getting this BSOD about once a day at random (always around 6-9pm but I'm not sure if that has any correlation).
I've been looking around online and haven't turned up anything useful, I have never enabled driver verifier, (disabling it just says "nothing was changed") all of my drivers are up to date, all manually except for the Win10 automatic drivers and the ASUS ones that Armoury Crate downloaded automatically.
Running SFC and DISM did nothing. I already have the latest chipset and BIOS updates from ASUS, and my system is brand new so there are no drivers to roll back to.
Sometimes the BSOD happens so fast that it doesn't create an error report, but I've checked a few of the minidump files and they seem to mention my wireless card driver. I'm not sure how to read these bug reports, but I did uninstall and reinstall my wireless card driver, which didn't fix the problem. I even ran Memtest86 and my RAM is problem free.

If anyone knows what steps I should take to fix this I would greatly appreciate any help!

EDIT: the BSOD event in event viewer gives 0x000000e6 , if that's useful.

Colif

Win 11 Master
driver verifer is always running

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

good thing with its errors is most of the time it tells you what cause is. Funny if it was Asus armory crate itself.

yowveetoo

Honorable
Dec 30, 2016
driver verifer is always running

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
good thing with its errors is most of the time it tells you what cause is. Funny if it was Asus armory crate itself.

Here's the dropbox link with a zip of the minidumps

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/92rm78te/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:012022-16890-01.dmp (Jan 20 2022 - 20:41:25)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION (E6)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 21 Hour(s), 25 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

File information:011822-12093-01.dmp (Jan 18 2022 - 18:43:38)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 22 Hour(s), 29 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File information:011722-12046-01.dmp (Jan 17 2022 - 20:13:44)
Uptime:3 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 52 Sec(s)

File information:010922-7937-01.dmp (Jan 9 2022 - 14:29:02)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: vivaldi.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 14 Hour(s), 55 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:010822-8765-01.dmp (Jan 8 2022 - 22:39:40)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)
Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2 or Armoury Crate)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-Z690-P-D4/
You are using BIOS version 0407. There is a BIOS update available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
curses his past self for saying that

So you get that error if a driver is incompatible with system or is corrupt

if I were to guess at what cause is, I would suggest removing your WIFI adapter and see if you still get them
Oct 06 2015bcmwl63a.sysBroadcom 802 11 Network Adapter Wireless driver http://www.broadcom.com/support/
  1. because I have seen lots of Wi-Fi adapters cause problems in last 2 years
  2. Its the oldest driver on pc.
try updating Oculus if you can

yowveetoo

Honorable
Dec 30, 2016
curses his past self for saying that

So you get that error if a driver is incompatible with system or is corrupt

if I were to guess at what cause is, I would suggest removing your WIFI adapter and see if you still get them
Oct 06 2015bcmwl63a.sysBroadcom 802 11 Network Adapter Wireless driver http://www.broadcom.com/support/

1. because I have seen lots of Wi-Fi adapters cause problems in last 2 years
  2. Its the oldest driver on pc.
try updating Oculus if you can

Thanks for looking through those. After seeing your reply, I checked again for new drivers and Asus had released updates for 2 different motherboard drivers the day I made the original post. I have installed those as well as a new Geforce driver.

I've also done a BIOS update using the download on their site (Armory crate was telling me there was no new BIOS update available, not sure why I trusted that)

So far I actually didn't get a crash in the last 24 hours which is a definite improvement, I'll post something here if that changes!

yowveetoo

Honorable
Dec 30, 2016
It's been a few days and my PC has been crash free after doing those fixes so I think it's safe to say it's been solved. Thanks again to those who replied.

For anyone searching this error in the future, make sure your drivers are as up to date as possible as well as your BIOS. I think my fix ended up being a BIOS update as Asus noted that it "improved compatibility".

TRENDING THREADS