Question win10 installation issues

paulmars

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
Hi, any ideas?

issue 1: I tried to reinstall w\o bloatware. That worked in 2020, but now it installed the bloatware. I even tried twice.

I removed all hp apps shown in control panel. Still computer is slower then before this reinstall. Updates during install were very slow too, so I'm not sure it's hidden hp bloatware, but maybe it is :(

issue 2:See 1st attachment. That was 1st boot on this new install. I get this at every boot now. If i wait about two minutes, then I get 2nd attachment. If I press any key, then i get attachment 4 and I can login.

If i dont wait 2 minutes and just click ok button, then I get attachment 3. If I click my name then I get attachment 4 and I can login.

How do I get ride of that 1st & 3rd screen and make sure that my user name has full adm rights? I've never set up a multi user computer.

issue 3: Im told to look here to see my HDD temp:
Open Settings on Windows 10.
Click on System.
Click on Storage.
Under the “More storage settings” section, click the Manage Disks and Volumes option.
I dont have a More storage settings or Manage Disks and Volumes option that i can find.

tks,
paul

I do have a "more storage settings", but it has no temperature features that I know of. Not sure where you got that info.

Offhand, I'm not sure Windows has a built-in drive temp gizmo. But there are several downloadable applications that will do it.

I can't see any of your attachments.

Not sure how you are installing Windows, but I'm guessing its by relying on HP in some way, rather than Microsoft direct (Media Creation Tool). One of the first steps in that procedure would be to delete all partitions, which would get rid of any and all HP bloatware...permanently.

paulmars

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
sorry HP computer. HP recovery file on HDD, but i just followed the instructions below like last time. Im not sure where it got it from:

Start >
Settings >
Update & Security >
Recovery >
Reset this PC > Get Started. Then, select Keep my files, choose cloud or local, change your settings, and set Restore preinstalled apps? to No.
(neither time did it ask cloud/local or change your settings or Restore preinstalled apps
Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates (got updates from MS, then got v20H2 19042.1766)

actually in 2020 it was
Open the Start Menu > Search for Windows Security.
Go to Device performance & health page.
Under Fresh Start, click the Additional Info link.
scowl down webpage
Then v 1903 was installed.
Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates (got updates from MS, then got v 1909 from ms)

paulmars

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
i dont like when sites do this. who's idea was that? Ive had ppl in other posts say they only see one image, cuz someone decided it was a good idea to import one image, when there may be more.

If you want to get rid of HP bloatware once and for all......you have to do a clean install.

That is not a recovery or a reset or an update or anything else.

Your entire hard drive would be wiped clean of all data...your data, HP's data, whatever.

If there is anything now on your hard drive that you want to keep (pictures, recipes, saved email, browser bookmarks, your tax returns), you would have to copy that stuff to some other drive and then move it back after you complete the new clean install.

You would be leaving HP land forever and arriving in generic PC land.

It looks like you have never attempted that.

Not sure if you want to do that.

If you do, the starting point is to get your hands on a USB flash drive of at least 8 gb capacity and go to Microsoft.com and locate their "Media Creation Tool".

More instructions can follow if you want to do that.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
See here for how to perform a clean install. Do not use the HP recovery media. Get the latest from MS and proceed per this guide.

JeffDeWitt

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
each time I install o/s i wipe and reformat HDD.

As others have said, if you really want a clean install get Windows directly from Microsoft and install from a USB drive. I've done that a bunch of times and it pretty much works the way Microsoft would like us to believe it does. (Which is kind of amazing!).

Then you can go the HP and download whatever drivers or customizations you want.