Win10 new build install not recognizing NVMe drive for OS

Aug 15, 2018
Installing Win 10 64bit Pro does not recognize Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO M.2 as install drive option
New system build
Intel i7-8700
GIGABYTE Z37OP D3 Motherboard
Corsair DDR4 2x16gb memory
Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EO M.2 1TB
3 WD Black Hard Drives
Pioneer Blu-Ray Burner
Bios shows
Bus:9 Dev:0 Func:0 Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1TB
Nvme Size 1000.2 GB
Win 10 recognizes all three HD drives and CD/BR drives as install options wont let me add SSD drive.
Help!

Solution
Let me clarify something. What list of drives are you referring to ? You are installing Windows and Windows does not does recognize the Samsung NVMe SSD as an install drive option. Where do you see this omission ? At the " where do you want to install windows " section of Set Up ? The other HDDs are there but not the SSD ?

As an aside, it is never a good idea to install windows with more than the proposed install drive connected.
Here is the Toms FAQ on the accepted procedure
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3567655/clean-installation-windows.html

Is the SSD recognized in UEFI ? You are booting in UEFI ?

Aug 15, 2018
Thanks for the reply. The M2P_32G socket I am using for the PCie SSD does not use any of the SATA ports acording to the MB manual and all of my HD drives and the DVD drive are visable to the Win10 installer.

Let me clarify something. What list of drives are you referring to ? You are installing Windows and Windows does not does recognize the Samsung NVMe SSD as an install drive option. Where do you see this omission ? At the " where do you want to install windows " section of Set Up ? The other HDDs are there but not the SSD ?

As an aside, it is never a good idea to install windows with more than the proposed install drive connected.
Here is the Toms FAQ on the accepted procedure
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3567655/clean-installation-windows.html

Is the SSD recognized in UEFI ? You are booting in UEFI ?

Solution
Aug 15, 2018