Win2k lock on boot

G

Decided to install Win2k, fortunatly as a dual boot, and everything went well. Unfortunatly I can't use my modem, it just won't start, no matter what drivers I try using. 'Course it is a cheapo, but that's not the real problem. I have a AMD k7-500, ASUS K7M (latest BIOS), 128 MB PC-100, Voodoo 3-2000, Onboard Sound. After fiddling with the modem and also a Media Controller that it can't seem to find any drivers for, I installed Office 2k, my Printer BJ-2010 and then PCAnywhere 9. Rebooted after PCAnywhere and once the blue screen comes up, the login area has some funky characters, another window pops up and says "winlogin? has encountered an error, writing to log. If I do nothing, it will just reboot and reboot... Tried getting in Safe Mode, same thing. Anything I can try?

G

PCAnywhere 9 is not compatible with windows 2000. You must have at least version 9.21.
Details of your problem, along with a fix are available from <A HREF="http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/pca.nsf/docid/1999070115565012" target="_new"> Symantec Knowledge Base</A>