Win2k UGGG!!!

Dantin1

Distinguished
May 7, 2001
Okay I have Win2k running with 4 items listed under IRQ 9. Is this correct or does this need to change? Stuff like:

VIA USB Universal Host Controller
Creative SB Live! (WDM)
3Com Windows Modem PCI ADI
3Com Etherlink 3C905 10/100 PCI

Everything else has its own IRQ.
Does this pose a problem and how can I remedy this?

Next question up for bids. Bare with me I'm very new at NT. Heh I've done tech support for Win98 SE but nothing with networks. So I learn as I go as the saying goes. Never hurts to get input or suggestions.

How can I do stuff like msconfig. Do I need a 3rd party software to do this? If so whats a popular and dependable software that can do everything msconfig did and may-be a little more flexibility? Thanks for the info in advance.

Dantin

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Dantin1 on 05/22/01 09:05 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

James35

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Okay I have Win2k running with 4 items listed under IRQ 9. Is this correct or does this need to change? Stuff like:

VIA USB Universal Host Controller
Creative SB Live! (WDM)
3Com Windows Modem PCI ADI
3Com Etherlink 3C905 10/100 PCI
Everything else has its own IRQ.
Does this pose a problem and how can I remedy this?
------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, it can if you do internet conncetion sharing it tends to lock up. The way to solve this is by going to device manager click on computer 'first one in list' there you will see ACPI. change that to standard computer. That in turn will stop you from shutting down automatically and you have to do it manually. Most of your problems will result from that irq sharing. as far as only four? Consider yourself lucky.

Next question up for bids. Bare with me I'm very new at NT. Heh I've done tech support for Win98 SE but nothing with networks. So I learn as I go as the saying goes. Never hurts to get input or suggestions.

How can I do stuff like msconfig. Do I need a 3rd party software to do this? If so whats a popular and dependable software that can do everything msconfig did and may-be a little more flexibility? Thanks for the info in advance.
What I have found to work the best is a little program called startup cop. it can be found at www.zdnet.com
it works like msconfig does on 98se.
Also, goto services. and shutdown everything you don't use.
It will improve security. Will also make your system run alot faster.

Dantin