window 8.1 Font setting

Udit Sharmaa

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
how can I change Font and change other appearance and color setting in win 8.1 ? I spl. want to change font of window Icons. there is no option for it,only font size option is available. so,how can these modifications made?

Solution

Hey I just checked it all out for you and unfortunately you cannot change the system font of Windows 8.1 it is coded deep within the actual OS making it nearly impossible. There may be a way but it most likely will include having to rewrite core files of the OS, pointless for even techies! You can in Windows 7, Vista and XP (I think) but not Windows 8/8.1 sorry dude.

mattygaga2013

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Hover to the top right corner, go to Settings icon then Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and metrics.

In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Hope this helps you! :D

mattygaga2013

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Actually now that I think of it, I don't think you can change your font in 8.1, you could in Windows 7. Hmmm I'll do a little googling on that for you @UditSharmaa and get back to you :)

Udit Sharmaa

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

what's d solution bro???

mattygaga2013

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013

Hey I just checked it all out for you and unfortunately you cannot change the system font of Windows 8.1 it is coded deep within the actual OS making it nearly impossible. There may be a way but it most likely will include having to rewrite core files of the OS, pointless for even techies! You can in Windows 7, Vista and XP (I think) but not Windows 8/8.1 sorry dude.

Solution

ketul

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

plz step by step ask the solution plzzzzzzzz

chayim

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015

Here's a link to a video on YouTube how to change the font type on windows 8.1
http://youtu.be/n4KklOVSVxs

Gozi

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015

I found a program called Windows 8 Font Changer which does the job. Check it out!

Chyba

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015

Solution is very easy... Just hi-lite the words or paragraphs you want to change, then right click on your mouse, then scroll down and click on "font". It is here that you can change the actual Font, it's Size, it's Color, Strike-through, etc. It actually shows you a preview to see if you really like it, before you click on OK. Hope this helps.