window does not recognize my 2nd HD

I have 2 HD. One is for system and another is for Data.
I run Norton system work. after something pop up.
My window does not recognize my 2nd HD anymore. Even I take it out and plug
it in again. in my computer it shows that I have only 1 HD. But Bios (before
you boot window) it shows that I have 2 HD.

Thanks for your help in advance

start/run, type:

DiskMGMT.MSC

Rightclick the drive icon for info.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"PORKOK" <PORKOK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84D8B409-26AE-4A92-A344-8589C3EFABB5@microsoft.com...
>I have 2 HD. One is for system and another is for Data.
> I run Norton system work. after something pop up.
> My window does not recognize my 2nd HD anymore. Even I take it out and plug
> it in again. in my computer it shows that I have only 1 HD. But Bios (before
> you boot window) it shows that I have 2 HD.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance

My windows did not see my drive at all after I log in window.
But when you boot computer it can see at Bios.
I did try you command and check management disk if did not help because I
could not see it too.
I don't know how to make window see my HD again.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> start/run, type:
>
> DiskMGMT.MSC
>
> Rightclick the drive icon for info.
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "PORKOK" <PORKOK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84D8B409-26AE-4A92-A344-8589C3EFABB5@microsoft.com...
> >I have 2 HD. One is for system and another is for Data.
> > I run Norton system work. after something pop up.
> > My window does not recognize my 2nd HD anymore. Even I take it out and plug
> > it in again. in my computer it shows that I have only 1 HD. But Bios (before
> > you boot window) it shows that I have 2 HD.
> >
> > Thanks for your help in advance

Now type

DEVMGMT.MSC

See if a device is on the list for that drive, and if it shows a conflict on the device.
--
Mark L. Ferguson
"PORKOK" <PORKOK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59976F53-EA6B-4DA3-B13A-B56E698C05F1@microsoft.com...
> My windows did not see my drive at all after I log in window.
> But when you boot computer it can see at Bios.
> I did try you command and check management disk if did not help because I
> could not see it too.
> I don't know how to make window see my HD again.
>

> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> start/run, type:
>>
>> DiskMGMT.MSC
>>
>> Rightclick the drive icon for info.
>>
>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> "PORKOK" <PORKOK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84D8B409-26AE-4A92-A344-8589C3EFABB5@microsoft.com...
>> >I have 2 HD. One is for system and another is for Data.
>> > I run Norton system work. after something pop up.
>> > My window does not recognize my 2nd HD anymore. Even I take it out and plug
>> > it in again. in my computer it shows that I have only 1 HD. But Bios (before
>> > you boot window) it shows that I have 2 HD.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help in advance

No.
It's not there. It show only 1 HD in device manager.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Now type
>
> DEVMGMT.MSC
>
> See if a device is on the list for that drive, and if it shows a conflict on the device.
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "PORKOK" <PORKOK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59976F53-EA6B-4DA3-B13A-B56E698C05F1@microsoft.com...
> > My windows did not see my drive at all after I log in window.
> > But when you boot computer it can see at Bios.
> > I did try you command and check management disk if did not help because I
> > could not see it too.
> > I don't know how to make window see my HD again.
> >

> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> start/run, type:
> >>
> >> DiskMGMT.MSC
> >>
> >> Rightclick the drive icon for info.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark L. Ferguson
> >> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

There is some physical problem. Device Manager should see any working device.

--
Mark L. Ferguson

Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
> There is some physical problem. Device Manager should see any working device.

Checked their website for software installation tool?

If you are really lucky, have a fast connection and own a Seagate there
is an online walkthrough facility