Windows 10 “Other User”

Aug 26, 2018
Trying to login into my laptop with windows 10. All the sudden i only have access to a “Other User”. I’ve tried logging in with my microsoft account and it doesn’t work. The password is correct. When i do the Shift + Restart thing I am able to get to the command prompt and login with the default admin account. I have tried to enable the admin account but everytime i exit out of the command prompt and get to the login screen it says the administrator account is disabled. I have even tried adding new accounts and making them administrator and even that doesn’t work. The commands complete successfully and i’m really confused as to what i should try.

Aug 26, 2018

Thank you I guess. But if you read my post, I am completely locked out. I am unable to access the control panel.

Hi

The Rules and board admins object to anyone helping anyone else bypass login passwords,
(as you could be a thief trying to crack open a stolen PC)

It can be done but you have to ask a computer professional, your employers IT department or ask on another site for the answer.

Dont panic it can be repaired but your previous account may be badly corupted or it could be malware.
The hidden addmin account can be enabled/disabled or other new accounts created with the correct software

regards

Mike Barnes

Aug 26, 2018

I was originally thinking it was corrupted but as it won’t hold the changes i make in the admin command prompt it makes me think it might be malware. I was just curious if it could be any other problem. Like maybe i was doing something wrong when exiting the command prompt and returning to the login screen. But oh well.

TRENDING THREADS