Windows 10 64Bit Pro OEM

Solution
Yes. If you burn ISO on USB or DVD, you can use it to fresh install win 10

follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes. If you burn ISO on USB or DVD, you can use it to fresh install win 10

follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution

Andreakos

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
Ah so if i understand correctly it's like a clean install of a normal "Retail license", good to know, was worried OEM W10 had different builds.

Thanks for the info !

Colif

Win 11 Master
The only big difference now between retail and OEM is how many times you can reinstall them. Prior to win 10 you couldn't move OEM licences to another PC but that restriction only applies to some OEM now. Was PC from a big brand OEM? like Dell, for instance? If so, you can't move that licence to a new PC but if you yourself bought an OEM licence or company who made PC are only small business, then you can move the licence across.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You will be fine, the main reason the download link you showed exists is to allow people who either updated from 7 or 8 to fresh install, or to let people like yourself fresh install windows again, since you probably didn't get install discs.

You should also be able to move licence if you ever want to, just look at this : reactivating win 10 on new hardware. You don't need to know any of that to fresh install onto same PC though.

Andreakos

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
What worried me is when i asked the tech for a copy of the OEM iso / if that one downloaded from Win10 would work, he told me i needed to download the specific iso oem cause others wouldn't work :/ .

No idea if he's even allowed to me a ISO disk copy of it.

From the iso creator i see these only, which is the same i shown him.
https://imgur.com/a/48np9

Colif

Win 11 Master
You need to install same version as you have now, so if you have windows 10 single language, you need to reinstall it, Or if you have home, don't try to install Pro. I would think that is what he means

But apart from that, I don't think there is a great difference. Advantage to linked version is it is latest build.

If tech isn't giving you a specific link to use, you should be okay using the MS link.

I have suggested it to lots of other people fixing windows before and no one has run into any problems using it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
X20-19608 = Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Full English Version W DVD

I don't think its single language, just a Pro version of win 10. According to the number, you should have an Installer DVD but since you can make one, that isn't a big issue. The licence is the part that costs money

Andreakos

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
Update: Talked with tech and asked if i would need to download any special version of windows(OEM ISO, which i couldn't find at all anyway), he told me as long as i downloaded it with Windows Media Creator it would be fine, as that Windows10 activation server would pick it up automatically and switch to version that was previously installed, hopefully it's all sorted now.

Thanks again for your replies !