Windows 10 and Android Lollipop USB Tethering leads to lags and freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

shijilt

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
I have this issue (exactly the same, task manager not updating, taskbar not responding, closing some windows freezes etc..)
http://
I tried this solution
http://

Updated drivers, but noting happens, same issues even after restarting.
Driver files are named usb8023x.sys and rndismpx.sys - are using RNDIS 5 Driver.

What to do ?
It is a Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit PC
Same issue with Android Marshmallow USB tether (different device)
No issue with Ethernet Modem

Solution

Never mind , I found the solution.

Open Device Manager (right click on Computer > Manage > on the left side, under System Tools choose Device Manager)
Choose the problematic device in Network Adapters (for me it's called HTC Remote NDIS based device)
Right click on it and choose Update Driver Software...
Click Browse my computer for driver software
Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers
Uncheck the box Show compatible hardware
For the manufacturer, choose Microsoft
Now you will have two options:
- Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device
- Remote NDIS Compatible Device
chose the second one and it solved the problem

Solution

Open Device Manager (right click on Computer > Manage > on the left side, under System Tools choose Device Manager)
Choose the problematic device in Network Adapters (for me it's called HTC Remote NDIS based device)

shijilt

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Solution

sayansaha986

Honorable
Sep 8, 2016

thanks buddy, thank u very much. After a long search, got the solution which is really working. ;)

Chaqui

Reputable
Nov 11, 2016
What do you mean with those two options? Are those models? If so, after i clicked Microsoft mine shows the following:
eHome infrared receiver
microsoft digital sound system composite device
microsoft integrated usb hub
microsoft internet keyboard composite device

and so much like that but among all those list there's no
Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device
Remote NDIS Compatible Device

Amal James

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014

It worked thanks........

Lord Severus

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

Thank you so much

Dave_Dentist

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017

I had the same issue. I'm trying to tether my HTC 10 running Nougat 7.0.1 on my Windows 10 laptop and have never been able to get it working even when it was on Marshmallow. I had installed HTC sync manager and ADB And android device manager which may have caused driver issues but I don't know. to Fix:

You need to have the phone plugged in, and then right click on the device name, and in my case this was the "HTC remote NDIS device" (or something similar, i can't remember because it's gone from the list now) and right click "uninstall the device", and also check the box "remove all related device software" (or something like that). This removes the HTC drivers. Now you need to reinstall the phone for tethering (make sure the tethering option is turned on on the phone).

Allow it to uninstall, then in device manager click "scan for hardware changes" or just unplug and then plug the device back into the computer.

Now windows should reinstall the device and you should find it under "Remote NDIS based internet sharing device". This seems to use generic Microsoft drivers for it as a generic device rather than the HTC drivers but when I opened it it was using the wrong one (maybe asus or something).

It still doesn't work for tethering, and you need to do the exact same thing as described by the original poster. when you choose to update drivers by the "browse my computer" option, the box "show compatible hardware" needs to be unchecked so you can go to the Microsoft one and choose "Remote NDIS Compatible Device" and install that (also then click OK on the warning about installing drivers for incompatible hardware). All is the same as described earlier. I couldn't find any of these drivers just like you and I think that it's viewed as a different type of hardware.

Suddenly as soon as you do this the computer allows you to connect to the network. Good luck!

agus miptah

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017

Gaurav_45

Prominent
May 30, 2017
I've been wanting to run Android from a USB drive (either booting directly or from within a virtual machine), but haven't had much luck.. ( I was following this: Android Nougat on PC )

Have you used a usb to boot Android?

Shekhar5

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2012

Thank you, worked for me.

McLuke

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

Answer is still relevent, I love you!

Google Pixel XL, Windows 10 latest build.

DVendy

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017

Signed up all the way here just to say thanks for the solution !

Status
Not open for further replies.