Windows 10 Anniversary Update Drops Days After Free Upgrade Period Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ogdy

Distinguished
Just like many of us have been paying since the Windows 95 days. Right.

Question is why they're not calling this Windows 10 Spyware Edition 2
Or was it, "Let us track you every second of your life without consent or paying you anything?" I forgot the full name of the edition.

There's a good chance you're being spied on no matter what OS you are using. Don't think for one second those older versions of Windows can't be, or haven't already been, updated with a 'Spy Patch'. :) Same for Linux and even your phone. :)

Do I care for, and want my privacy? Hell yeah I do! But am I enjoying Windows 10 Pro right now? Hell yeah I am! :p

3ogdy

Distinguished

Aren't those two things you've mentioned opposites?

You mean me wanting my privacy but choosing to enjoy Windows 10? Meh, I don't have much choice. I need to due to the programs I use, and for gaming.

f-14

Distinguished
hmmmm wonder if that patch is already being deployed, i have noticed internet windows video pop ups on websites such as business insider and la times and not in adobe player format that auto play and there is no way to close them with out closing the page, even the blockers aren't working on them yet.
malware exploit not of microsofts own? darkhat art practice? it just started for me today

What is steam doing? I have run insider builds since before release and steam has not shown me any issues.

Even the latest 14376 seems to have no issues with steam.

jimmyEatWord

Respectable
Mar 10, 2016

steam store is not showing the page , i know it's not a big deal but with windows 10 you expect everything to be perfect , i know it's something with insider preview cause if i format my computer and install the stable version 1511 then everything would be fine ..

ErikVinoya

Honorable
May 11, 2014
I just want to be able to actually stop automatic updates and whatever Windows 10 does with my internet. Not for privacy or some hipster reason, no. I just hate it when I'm enjoying a session of an online game then get eaten up by lag because this dipshit update service is eating up my bandwidth, clogging up my network.

Microsoft is already updating older operating systems with spyware.

If you want to stop it , the best option I have found is Spybot Anti-Beacon.
But you have to remember to run it after updates, as windows will re-activate some of their spying.
Guess it is about time to start class action suit, I never agreed to their spying when I bought and installed Win 7.

3ogdy

Distinguished

Thank you for mentioning that software.

Tom's Hardware, maybe t's time for you to review Spybot Anti-Beacon and inform your readers about it and tell them how to use it, the same way you keep informing them about Windows 10 Spyware 2?

Rouxenator

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Get over yourselves. You have absolutely nothing worthy to spy on. But just to be sure I think you should go back to Windows 3.11

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I upgraded to 10 on one machine... the first time it nagged me to upgrade my office to 365 (not going to happen) I decided Win10 wasn't for me. Blocking advertising on websites is bad enough... but having to block advertising on my OS... no sir I don't like that one bit.

Everyone ? No. What makes you assume that people who care about privacy would be on social media or using questionable programs. That's like assuming that every vegetarian who doesn't east steak is out the chomping down Big Macs.

And while Win 10 is getting all the attention, very few actually know that when Win 10 free upgrade failed to meet contractual market penetration rates with MS partners which with they share data, they started introducing Windows updates to Win 7 and Win 8 that do much of the same thing. If you are not stopping these updates, you might as well get Win 10.

Being on Social media is a choice, having the computer auto send everything you are doing to Microsoft without the option of saying NO, is a big difference. Having them force down updates that can/will crash your computer is also a huge problem in my book. Having them try and force you to go to windows 10 and putting up beg messages all the time should be illegal.

It has 100% nothing to do with being worthy, they have NO right to spy on me without a warrant or my "ok". We do have this thing in the US called a constitution and what they are doing is illegal, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.