Windows 10 Applications Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Milton

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and everything works fine except I have this frustrating issue where I cannot use the Windows Store. If I click on the store the homepage for it will load but, the moment I load a store page for an individual app (e.g. Facebook, Netflix, Amazon etc,) the store will just disappear, it doesn't freeze or crash just disappears as if I pressed the close button. Any ideas how to fix this?

Solution
Hello,

Kindly try the following;

1. Fix your PC Settings, Press Win + R and run command "powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml" (without ")

2. To fix the Windows Store, run AppsDiagnostic.diagcab at http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

OR you may try the following;

This issue with PC settings could occur due to corruptions in Windows system files.

Let us run the DISM tool to fix such errors.
a) Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then...

Slashgeek

Admirable
Hello,

Kindly try the following;

1. Fix your PC Settings, Press Win + R and run command "powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml" (without ")

2. To fix the Windows Store, run AppsDiagnostic.diagcab at http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

OR you may try the following;

This issue with PC settings could occur due to corruptions in Windows system files.

Let us run the DISM tool to fix such errors.
a) Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
b) Enter command prompt in the search box.
c) In the list of results, press and hold or right-click Command Prompt, and then tap or click Run as administrator. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
d) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type exit, and then press Enter.

Once this is done, follow SFC/SCANNOW Method
System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue
1. Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.
2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.
3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.