Windows 10 Audio crackling

Aug 13, 2018
Hello

I'm getting crackling in my PC during games and YouTube videos. since I got it back from the shop and it was installed with Windows 10.

I tested the issue with other headphones and they all suffered the issue.
I also used Driver easy to make sure all the drivers we up to date (I don't trust myself to get the right ones.) I got an external sound card as well. Which if anything made the crackling worse

I should mention I have tried common fixes like testing the DPC latency and turning off audio enhancements aswell.

Specs
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

AMD Phenom II X4 965 49 °C
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASRock 970 Extreme3 (CPUSocket) 38 °C
Graphics
DELL P2213 (1680x1050@59Hz)
DELL P2213 (1680x1050@59Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 42 °C
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA MK1059GSM ATA Device (SATA) 37 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS95 ATA Device

Lutfij

Titan
1| I'm an advocate of not using third party app's to tell me if my system is on the latest drivers or not. most often people come around here with the wrong drivers and worse, the wrong BIOS due to third party apps. Try and uninstall your audio drivers and reinstall them after downloading it from ASRock's support site.

2| Are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Version 1.80 is the latest on their support site.

3| What sort of fixes have you tried? Or is it those two you've mentioned prior to listing specs?

4| Speaking of specs, you forgot to list your PSU's make and model as well as it's age. What OS were you prior?

5| Can you specify how the ram is populating the slots on your board and if they are all identical or from a kit?

Aug 13, 2018

Hi thanks for the help.

1) This was one of the first things I actually tried and something I forgot to mention in the original post. I downloaded and installed and reinstalled the recommended drivers off of the ASRock site for my motherboard. This did not work and as I began to run out of other potential fixes I turned to Driver easy to make sure things were up to date.

2) It appears to be 1.60 I'll admit i'll admit i'm not very tech savvy and teachers in the past have lectured that the bios is where you go to break stuff so i kind of self consciously avoid it and wouldn't have a clue on updating it :p are there any good guides on how to go about this?

3) I apologize i'm really bad at recalling everything when i'm writing I have tried all the fixes in this post and the one above aswell as...

* Changing the sound format
* Setting minimum possessor state to 100%
* disable exclusive mode
I'm sure there are more that i'm just not remembering .

4) I'll have to shut down the PC so I can try and get the PSU stuff and then edit or reply to this. As for the previous operating system it was Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

5) Adamantly i'm not sure what you mean by how the Ram populate the slots on the board?If you mean how many slots there taking up on the board then the answer is that there all filled but none the less I'll do some googling before I open up the PC. The PC was a surprise gift so I was not really involved in its creation but ill do my best to figure this out.

Aug 13, 2018
Alright, checked the PSU and it's a "Apower AK series 800w" and its just a bit younger than 4 years old. as for the ram and as far as I can tell 3/4 of them are identical.

EDIT: Oh also I just remembered after running the windows troubleshooter it reported back with "Generic Audio Driver".