[SOLVED] WINDOWS 10 Audio Stutter/jog/glitch

Oct 17, 2018
Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K5-CF
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

Hello,
I would really appreciate some help with this.
For the last 4 or 5 months I have been experiencing Audio glitches, during game play, video play back...audio play back via spotify, discord ect ect
I built the system my self just over a year ago and it was perfect to begin with.
These glitches are so irregular, sometimes in a gaming session they might not happen, other times it will happen 5 times within 2-3 hours. I have tried to get a recording of it actually happening, so far no luck.

Up until now I have been treating it as an Audio issue, a bad driver or something. I uninstalled every Audio driver, I have even gone as far as resetting windows. The issue is still present. I don't think it is an audio problem any more.

In terms of the audio glitches, I think sometimes the screen drops fps at the same time, but it happens that fast it's so hard to be so sure.

If someone could point me in the next direction I would be so grateful.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte GTX 1060-6GB
Kingston A400 120GB C:
Toshiba P300 1TB
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 C14 2x4GB
Evo Labs Cronus Modular 750 Watt 80+ Cert PSU

UserBenchmarks: Game 72%, Desk 75%, Work 65%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X - 92.2%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB - 73.9%
SSD: Kingston A400 120GB - 44.5%
HDD: Toshiba P300 1TB - 98.6%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 C14 2x4GB - 89.4%
MBD: Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K5-CF

Solution

No probs. Yes, that PSU is a bit of a junker. Even when it was new, there was a reason it's cheap. It just about does what it says on the tin.

You have a near identical system to my own. It's not too demanding power wise, but getting a decent PSU will serve you well. If i...
Oct 17, 2018

Yes, I updated last night to the latest version. Was really hoping that would solve it but have noticed it twice today already. It's driving me crazy!

Oct 17, 2018
That's actually made me feel better because I was just reading the reviews of the psu and it's not good. It's was only ever meant to be temporary anyway. I will try a different psu and then monitor! Thank you!

No probs. Yes, that PSU is a bit of a junker. Even when it was new, there was a reason it's cheap. It just about does what it says on the tin.

You have a near identical system to my own. It's not too demanding power wise, but getting a decent PSU will serve you well. If i can offer any advise it's not to skimp on it. It's literally THE most important piece of hardware for a good system with some shiny new parts :) Don't wanna fry them.

I'd suggest something like this as a solid replacement, that will last you at least 7 years and will work on an even more power hungry system with ease.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ B&H)
Total: $59.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-23 13:51 EST-0500

Getting something like this will give you re-assurance, peace of mind, and a quality unit that's highly rated.

Good luck :)

Solution
Oh, actually, one more thing to try. Did you do a CMOS reset after the bios upgrade? If not, try that. It's always advised to do the CMOS reset after. Look in your manual or online and confirm the steps. Normally it just involves powering off the PC and disconnecting the power cord, opening your PC and taking out the CMOS battery, switching a small jumper from one position to another, waiting 30 seconds, and put the jumper back to it's original postion and finally replace the battery, and start it up again. This will completely clear any left over microcode that hasn't been removed from the bios upgrade. It's just to make sure it's all nice and clean. Then test again.

Oct 17, 2018

Thank you so much. I have ordered the psu you suggested and will let you know how I get on. I knew when I installed it I would need to upgrade it eventually, and after reading more about psu issues I'm fairly confident this issue I am having is psu related. I have anothe 8gb of ram to install also so that should help with system. Thanks again Keith. Appreciate it alot.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead