Question Windows 10 black screen with cursor ?

Tompica123

Commendable
Aug 11, 2020
This started today, yesterday everything was good but now I get a black screen. I can move my cursor but nothing happens. If I press ctrl + alt + del and I restart my pc from there everything is back to normal but there is no activation watermark. I have experienced this before and the only solution I found is to clean the windows drive and reinstall windows again, I am tired of losing everything and reinstalling all of my stuff back. Please help, thanks in advance!

Tompica123

Commendable
Aug 11, 2020
where your windows installation from?
I installed it from the Microsoft website. I installed the media creation tool and put it on a USB stick. I started noticing when I type in my password I wait a few minutes, usually it is instant. And when I press restart from ctrl + alt + delete it's also very slow.

Last edited:

Tompica123

Commendable
Aug 11, 2020
boot into safe mode. and malware scan
how full is the ssd? check ssd health?
I ran my pc in safe mode and ran a disk cleanup, after that I did a system recovery from 5 days ago. Now everything is good but there is no watermark. When I opened the Windows Activation Settings it said my pc isn't activated, as it should. I checked my ssd health and it said it was in good condition. The ssd is 465 GB and there is 151 GB free.

Tompica123

Commendable
Aug 11, 2020
You only get a watermark if it is un-activated.

full system spec?

if you get this all the time, it is either something you download/install or your hardware.
gtx 1650 super
r5 3500x
mobo: msi b450-a pro max
ram: hyperx fury black 8 gb ddr4 3000 mhz dual channel kit
some 650 watt power supply
sdd: crucial p2
the 2nd sdd: some kingston ssd
hdd: idk what hdd it is
I bought this pc from my cousin and I upgraded some of the parts. The only parts that remained are the hdd the kingston ssd and the power supply.