[SOLVED] Windows 10 bluetooth headset no sound if mic is enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumus1911

Commendable
Jun 27, 2019
Hello, I have two issues

I've got a JBL E45BT bluetooth headset witch i was hoping to use while gaming. I would use it on my Windows 10 pc which has a usb bluetooth adapter. When would only listen to music or watch a movie it works fine, but if i'd use discord or skype (presumably any other mic using application) i can't hear anything from the headset. If i disable the headsets mic in windows then the sound comes back, but then noone can hear what i say because of obvious reasons. If i connect it via the jack cable provided, it doesn't recognize it ever being plugged in (tried fron panel, back panel, logitech stereo output). If i connect it to my phone it works fine, no matter which method i use. Beside the fact that using a cable to connect the headset defeats the whole purpose of it having bluetooth connectabilty. Is there a way to fix this issue or should i just sell the headset and buy one with the cables?

Second issue is with my Zalman ZM-HPS300 headset. The mic picks up some kind of buzzing, what i could determine is that the strength of the buzzing changes when i move it around the room. Seems as if it would pick it up from electricity running in the cables in the walls. I've tried it on another pc in a different room, in there it seemed to pick up the buzzing from the speakers on the desk, even though the headset was at least a meter or 3 feet away from the speakers. My question is to trash it or not since the warranty was over few years ago i haven't used it since then.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Hello, I have two issues

I've got a JBL E45BT bluetooth headset witch i was hoping to use while gaming. I would use it on my Windows 10 pc which has a usb bluetooth adapter. When would only listen to music or watch a movie it works fine, but if i'd use discord or skype (presumably any other mic using application) i can't hear anything from the headset. If i disable the headsets mic in windows then the sound comes back, but then noone can hear what i say because of obvious reasons. If i connect it via the jack cable provided, it doesn't recognize it ever being plugged in (tried fron panel, back panel, logitech stereo output). If i connect it to my phone it works fine, no matter which method i use. Beside the fact that using a cable...

mumus1911

Commendable
Jun 27, 2019
Hi, on the first headset, have you tried looking in the volume mixer to see if the applications are turned up.
Thanks for the reply

Yes i have, unfortunately the solution if there's any isn't that simple. I've read that windows 10 has a serious problem managing bluetooth voice and sound at the same time. I was hoping that there's a way to not use windows's in built bluetooth driver and instead have a third party driver manage the voice and sound, since this problem was there from day one and microsoft didn't bother to fix it. It's kind of ridiculous to have this problem given that every day less people wants to deal with cables.

Reactions: Leonard2901
Aug 19, 2020
Hello, I have two issues

I've got a JBL E45BT bluetooth headset witch i was hoping to use while gaming. I would use it on my Windows 10 pc which has a usb bluetooth adapter. When would only listen to music or watch a movie it works fine, but if i'd use discord or skype (presumably any other mic using application) i can't hear anything from the headset. If i disable the headsets mic in windows then the sound comes back, but then noone can hear what i say because of obvious reasons. If i connect it via the jack cable provided, it doesn't recognize it ever being plugged in (tried fron panel, back panel, logitech stereo output). If i connect it to my phone it works fine, no matter which method i use. Beside the fact that using a cable to connect the headset defeats the whole purpose of it having bluetooth connectabilty. Is there a way to fix this issue or should i just sell the headset and buy one with the cables?

Second issue is with my Zalman ZM-HPS300 headset. The mic picks up some kind of buzzing, what i could determine is that the strength of the buzzing changes when i move it around the room. Seems as if it would pick it up from electricity running in the cables in the walls. I've tried it on another pc in a different room, in there it seemed to pick up the buzzing from the speakers on the desk, even though the headset was at least a meter or 3 feet away from the speakers. My question is to trash it or not since the warranty was over few years ago i haven't used it since then.

Thanks in advance
Ok, I just figured out how to do that.

Sound settings -> sound control -> sound control panel -> Playback and here I have 2 icons my CX 6 ,
first one is headset and second headphones, right click on headset and set as default device.

But sound in headphones sounds like mono

Reactions: Woehielo and Kadyin
Solution
Nov 20, 2020
thank you took me hours to find this thread and this is the only thing that worked even if not working great as yes mono sucks. Even the company I bought from had no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.