Windows 10 (Bought online from ElectronicFirst)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyzone

Reputable
Jan 10, 2017
So, I bought windows 10 from ElectronicFirst. On my downloads, the picture of it is what looks like a disk reader with windows above it, yet the file is 9 KB. When I try to open it in Notepad or Notepad++, it shows a bunch of jibberish that I don't understand. If you need more info, reply and I'll get back to you asap

Lyzone

Reputable
Jan 10, 2017

... Why are you replying?
I bought it for $15 from this one site. I wanted to buy from Kinguin but it was $10 more, apparently that'd be worth the money considering these guys gave no instructions.

Lyzone

Reputable
Jan 10, 2017

Right..

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
If they were giving you the real deal they would have provided you with a windows activation key not some sort of download. Especially that you can download the installer direct from Microsoft themselves, so really all you need is the key.

If you don't have a key you got ripped off.

Now that said theres a ton of places like this, Kinguin included that have ripped off many of our members. The reason the licenses are so cheap is because they are sometimes stolen or otherwise obtained outside of Microsofts TOS. We have had users have their keys invalidated and Windows deactivate. There are many legit sources you can get a Windows license around 90 bucks. I highly suggest that.

Lyzone

Reputable
Jan 10, 2017

I was never replying to that specific message about Microsoft. You are correct saying I can buy from Microsoft themselves, but I don't want to seeing as it costs $120 and I can get it for $40 or less.

EchohcE

Respectable
Sep 7, 2016

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.