Windows 10 BSOD boot loop

Jun 19, 2018
Hi all. Tried to boot up my gaming PC this morning. Ended up stuck in a Blue Screen boot loop. It seems to start booting, it has the Windows 10 logo with the spinning dots, then the screen flashes darker once the mouse and keyboard lights come on. Then I just have the spinning dots without the logo for a couple of minutes, and every few seconds it the screen fades darker and comes back. Eventually it just comes up with the BSOD.

Hardware specs:
FX-6300 overclocked
Arctic CPU fan
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB Turbo
8GB RAM (2x4GB)
Gigabyte GA-DP3 or whatever it is MOBO
2TB HDD (With Windows install)
250GB SSD

Everything's been running fine, I started overclocking a couple of weeks ago due to the fact I was below requirements for BF1, and it was showing with the frame rate.
Didn't change anything last night. Finished playing Runescape, closed Spotify and my Chrome tabs, and shut down as per standard. Force closed Origin on the shut down screen because it's always trying to prevent shut down, but I've done that countless times.

Booted this morning and now BSOD. I CAN access safe mode, and I tried automatic repair, but that found nothing. If I can't fix it, I'll have to take it into the repair shop, but funds are tight.

Solution
Scrolling through video comments, it didn't work for everyone. I don't know a great deal about overclocking but it could be anything like different power supply or different bios version, he said he used a new version.

I would make a thread in overclocking sub forum here and see if anyone can help you out :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
What message does the BSOD give? there are more than 1 type and it might help me figure out how to fix it. Depending on what error, you shouldn't need to take to store.

strange running win 10 off hdd if you have an ssd, the speed difference is noticeable just at boot.

Could try removing overclock and see if it boots.

Jun 19, 2018

I'll try changing the disabling the overclock, and if I recall correctly, it didn't have a very descriptive error code, or I would have taken a photo. I'll try booting again in the morning and give an update of any error messages provided.

I run the windows on HDD instead of SSD because of size. I run BF1 and Ark SE on the SSD, because it's pretty much necessary for them, and it honestly leaves me with about 15GB left on the SSD just with those two. Got plans to get another SSD later on in the year, but for now I'm stuck with what I've got.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Scrolling through video comments, it didn't work for everyone. I don't know a great deal about overclocking but it could be anything like different power supply or different bios version, he said he used a new version.

I would make a thread in overclocking sub forum here and see if anyone can help you out :)

Solution