Windows 10 BSOD loop

MSaxp

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
Hi all,

I keep getting BSODs quite frequently and the error messages are never too helpful. Talking about unhandled expressions etc. As soon as the PC restarts, I end up in an endless loop of windows not being able to load and not able to repair automatically etc. When i turn off the pc manually and turn it back on, it seems to load ok most times.

The PC is an old AMD Phenom II 1090T on an ASUS mb which is not being used that much but still on all of the time, no changes to the hardware or software made recently.

I have downloaded BluescreenView which suggests the crash was caused by: hal.dll but not sure that actually means anyhing.

Any help as to how i would troubleshoot it? Thank you for your time

Solution
Is Easeus Todo backup up to date?

I would uninstall AVG for now then use their removal tool

You should also update whatever this file, V0640Vid.sys belongs to. It's 6 yrs old. Something to do with Vimicro

It maybe a Creative live driver

I would also disable AMD Overdrive and uninstall AI Suite

If Itunes is installed update it. This file GEARAspiWDM.sys is 5 yrs old

This file TotRec8.sys looks like it belongs to Total recorder, it's 6 yrs old. Update it if you use it

MSaxp

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
When it first crashes, i am already in windows, watching video or something. After Windows autorestart, i get into repair mode and it tells me it cant repair Windows, the restarts again etc. If i power off and turn back on, it loads fine, so i do get into Windows.

its a bit of an old M/B ASUS M4A87TD EVO

Is Easeus Todo backup up to date?

I would uninstall AVG for now then use their removal tool

You should also update whatever this file, V0640Vid.sys belongs to. It's 6 yrs old. Something to do with Vimicro

It maybe a Creative live driver

I would also disable AMD Overdrive and uninstall AI Suite

If Itunes is installed update it. This file GEARAspiWDM.sys is 5 yrs old

This file TotRec8.sys looks like it belongs to Total recorder, it's 6 yrs old. Update it if you use it

Solution