Windows 10 BSOD

drewby89

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
My parents' computer has frequent blue screens with lots of different errors. I've seen it at least 3 times and I don't see a pattern of something specific triggering it. I tried updating all the drivers and I've reinstalled Windows 10 to try and fix it, but nothing helps. I built this computer and installed Windows 10 on it from the beginning so I never got it running without some random BSOD. I know I will probably need to upload some dump files, but can someone tell me where to find those? Any help at all is appreciated!

dump files are stored at c:\windows\minidump directory by default.
you can run bluescreenview.exe or whocrashed.exe as a first attempt to read them.

for the bugcheck I am looking at, it would be a bug in the service or the storage controller. If you have USB storage device that has a pagefile on it, then it could be the asus filter driver corrupting data. There is a update to your SATA 3 driver on your motherboard website. you might also move your storage data connection to a new port on the primary sata controller it the sata driver update does not help.

looks like there are new BIOS updates and driver updates for windows 10 for your motherboard. You should pick them up.
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/A68HMK/HelpDesk_Download/
for example you have the microsoft generic lan driver installed(2015 version) and you motherboard vendor has a 2016 version for your motherboard.

install the updates, remove the overclock software(for now) and retest to see if you can get a bugcheck.

-----------
first bugcheck looks like you have a service trying to read something from your pagefile and it came back corrupted.

you should remove the overclock driver while testing:
\C:\Program Files\AMD\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 03:06:52 2014

I would also remove this old asus filter driver:
\SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 08:46:33 2011
it is a ASUS USB Hub filter driver.
USB drivers befoe 2012 are just bad news and likely to have bugs.

you should also really update your other asus drivers
\SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\AsUpIO.sys Mon Aug 02 19:47:59 2010
\SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 02:54:47 2012

machine info:
BIOS Version 1401
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 12/14/2015
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product A68HM-K
Version Rev X.0x
Processor Version AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Processor Voltage 8eh - 1.4V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3700MHz
Current Speed 3700MHz

drewby89

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
I think I took care of those problems now. I updated the BIOS again and deleted the extra Asus drivers that I hoped would help, but didn't. I guess now I'll see if my parents have any issues while I'm on vacation for a week. Thanks for your help!