Windows 10 Builds Question

Firesky

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
I have a question, let's say I'm going to install a certain build of Windows 10 on my machine, with the releases of new builds, would I be able to receive the "new builds" updates via windows update or would I need to reinstall Windows with the new build in order to remain updated?

I hope i explained my self well.

Solution
The current Tech Preview updates itself to new builds in the background (when it actually works). No fresh install needed.

After the release on July 29, it will be rolled into the same version as the release. But if you wish to keep using that 'free' version, you must remain a participant in the Insider program. Meaning that future updates and builds will be pushed to your PC.
In effect, you are a permanent beta tester.

USAFRet

Titan
The current Tech Preview updates itself to new builds in the background (when it actually works). No fresh install needed.

After the release on July 29, it will be rolled into the same version as the release. But if you wish to keep using that 'free' version, you must remain a participant in the Insider program. Meaning that future updates and builds will be pushed to your PC.
In effect, you are a permanent beta tester.

Solution