Question Windows 10 cannot login, safe mode

Sep 20, 2022
Hello, new poster. I have an Asus laptop, L510MA, after last window update, the battery light instead of green, flashes red, and I before had about 5 hours of battery life. Now it would die as soon as I unplugged power cord. Decidred to do a rollback, right off noticed my rollback dates missing, also my recovery partition was gone. After some searching on the net, decided to login to safe mode, and remove last updates. Now the problem, the fingerprint sensor does not work to login, and it also does not recognize my pin login, wants me to set up a pin, but without access to the play store for the app to do so, seems its just stuck. Any suggestions as to get it back to at least my old windows or into safe mode? Knowing me I am probably missing something simple (I hope), but as of right now I am clueless. Thanks in advance, Jim.

Sep 20, 2022
That is where the problem starts, when I power on, I hit enter, takes me to login, says to sign in scan finger, and gives sign in options. Fingerprint scanner does not respond, sign in options show either fingerprint (which does not work or respond) the other option just ask if I want to set up pin with no box to type in pin or password. If I click set up pin, prompt to play store for app comes up, click on it then nothing.

I have tried to shut down, restart, f2, restart various keys, nothing. I am kind of lost.
Again, I want to say there is no box to type in a pin or password.

Sep 20, 2022
I have been messing with it this morning, I tried all the F keys, do not know what I did, but after about the third time around, restart and f12 brought up the option of either safe mode or return to windows 10. It would not return to windows, or safe mode. Other options where to reinstall or repair windows. I was skeptical as before the recovery partition had disappeared. I went ahead and tried it. It went ahead and reinstalled Windows. Again, this was not on the first try but after numerous tries. At least it is something. It is still reinstalling, battery light is still flashing. I guess battery could have died suddenly. It was getting 5 or so hours just surfing the web.