Windows 10 can't change brightness?

Aug 31, 2018
Just updated to windows and I can't brighten my screen?
I'm on verision: 17134.254
I have searched everywhere and I can't find how.

Like I don't understand why microsoft has to change [Moderator note: no profanity please. Deleted for you.]

Thank you.

Solution
Yes, Windows is stupid and can't keep their hands to themselves. They ignant. You have a 1060 in that laptop. Does M$ make it? Nope but they certainly will try and fix what doesn't need fixing. Nvidia makes it. Right click on your desktop and access the Nvidia Control Panel where you can manually change those settings.

post-51922-0-35395800-1388036353.png

Short answer? Update your Nvidia Driver. They(Windows) corrupted something with their (unnecessary)update.
Aug 31, 2018

I have a Sager NP7871 NOTEBOOK
Link to it: https://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP7871.html

Also when I go into the Ease of Access then into display, nothing there shows changing brightness.

Here is a picture of the display settings: http://prntscr.com/kpaho9
" change brightness or use nightlight" doesn't work.
" Addition display settings" doesn't work...

Aug 31, 2018

Yes I know, it is fn + F8 and F9
But it isn't working because of this new stupid update...

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure what to suggest:

Keep monitoring Sager's FAQ's and Forums.

Contact them.

May be some bug that just has not been figured out to date or the fix is still being tested.

In the meantime, someone else may discover and post a solution.

Aug 31, 2018

But its a problem with windows because this wasn't a problem before...
And there isn't even an option to higher my brightness in the settings just like before...

Yes, Windows is stupid and can't keep their hands to themselves. They ignant. You have a 1060 in that laptop. Does M$ make it? Nope but they certainly will try and fix what doesn't need fixing. Nvidia makes it. Right click on your desktop and access the Nvidia Control Panel where you can manually change those settings.

post-51922-0-35395800-1388036353.png

Short answer? Update your Nvidia Driver. They(Windows) corrupted something with their (unnecessary)update.

Solution
Aug 31, 2018

Thank you lol...
I just had to go into device manager and update my intel graphics card lol, I'm stupid... Thanks though

Sager is in the right for passing along Windows Updates. Windows is in the wrong for the condition of the update. In the end, that point(where the drivers originated) is moot. Either way it goes the update should be downloaded from Nvidia.

Thanks for that:D

Doesn't that have an Nvidia 1060 in there? I am glad that the driver update fixed the problem but you might be missing out on performance and RAM if you are using the CPU integrated GPU.

I would think there are two display adapters within that device manager list and you apparently are using the Intel GPU.

Aug 31, 2018

Yea I have intel HD graphics and a gtx 1060
But I think I'm fine cause I played a game yesterday ( PUBG and Fortnite ) and it was running smooth as always!

Thank you though