[SOLVED] Windows 10 Cant find a network and didn't install drivers.

Jul 16, 2022
So I built a new computer myself using parts from amazon and it was time to install windows 10. However, when it got to the part where its supposed to help you pick a network, my only option was to "skip it for now" (even though I had a ethernet cable attached) . After I reach the desktop, I try and find a network and noticed there was no LAN or wireless option. So I got to the device manager and notice a ton of drive errors. I clicked the tab and used Action to try and recover the drivers, but it doesn't do anything. At this point I decided to put the motherboard drivers on a usb flash drive and just move it onto the desktop. But when I put the files on the desktop and clicked the setup application, nothing happens. I have no idea why this is happening. Was my windows 10 corrupted or something? Did I maybe not plug something in right? I have no internet, it wont allow me to install files, it won't update itself to fix the drivers. I even did a full reset on windows to try installation again, didn't work. Please help, I really need this computer to work.

This is my comp specs.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/B4HyH2

But when I put the files on the desktop and clicked the setup application, nothing happens.
I have no idea why this is happening.
Have you ever installed drivers before?

Drivers are usually downloaded as zip archives.
To install them, you first have to extract archives and only then you can run driver setup application.

First you have to install chipset drivers.
Then install lan (and/or wifi) drivers.
Then you can connect to internet and downloda/install all the other necessary drivers.

Jul 16, 2022
Have you ever installed drivers before?

Drivers are usually downloaded as zip archives.
To install them, you first have to extract archives and only then you can run driver setup application.

First you have to install chipset drivers.
Then install lan (and/or wifi) drivers.
Then you can connect to internet and downloda/install all the other necessary drivers.

Yes, I extracted the files from the zip archive, put them on the flash drive and moved the file I created over to the desktop. Then I tried the setup, didn't work. I tried the LAN, Wireless, Chipset, VGA, none of them did anything. They aren't even giving me a pop-up to start anything.

Yes, I extracted the files from the zip archive, put them on the flash drive and moved the file I created over to the desktop. Then I tried the setup, didn't work. I tried the LAN, Wireless, Chipset, VGA, none of them did anything. They aren't even giving me a pop-up to start anything.
Can you show any screenshots illustrating, what you're doing and
what errors you get?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

May be you're trying to run files that are not executable (like inf files) or doing something else wrong.
Screenshots would help understanding the issue.

Jul 16, 2022
Can you show any screenshots illustrating, what you're doing and
what errors you get?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Ok, so I retried the chipset drivers and to my surprise they activated and installed. Same with the storage/SATA drivers. However when I got to the VGA I got this error:
View: https://imgur.com/4RDL1zl

I also tried to install the graphics card drivers and got this message as well:
View: https://imgur.com/iOX0Soz

I was told to do a full reset on windows and try again from the start and it gave me the same errors. The LAN and Wireless MB drivers still wont do anything when I click on them.

Intel graphics drivers will not install, if discrete graphics card is present in the system (integrated graphics gets disabled then).

And you have chosen wrong Nvidia drivers version.
Get latest 516.94 Game Ready drivers instead.

Show screenshot with LAN and WIFI drivers, you're trying to install.

Jul 16, 2022
Jul 16, 2022
So I tried directly choosing the LAN driver with the error marked drives, but they just said they weren't compatible with the file. Although, during that point (maybe when I clicked on the wireless driver?) the computer could use the wireless internet option. I linked it to the internet and it began updating windows. I honestly hoped it would find the LAN driver on its own, but it didn't and it still wont use the .exe file. I took a picture of the drivers that it currently has. My gut tells me something is wrong here.
View: https://imgur.com/3kZikwD

Jul 16, 2022
You don't have chipset drivers installed.
You probably installed Intel Serial IO driver (from chipset section in downloads page).
You have to click on Show All and choose
Intel Chipset Driver V10.1.18838.8284.

You were right, I didn't read the bottom text and installed the serial IO.
I installed the chipset now. But the 'Ethernet Controller" , "PCI communications Controller" and the "Blue Tooth" are the only errors left on the device.
Should I install the Engine Interface and the GNA scoring options on the chipset list? What should I do now?

Should I install the Engine Interface and the GNA scoring options on the chipset list?
They are not essential. But sure.
I installed the chipset now. But the 'Ethernet Controller" , "PCI communications Controller" and the "Blue Tooth" are the only errors left on the device.
Install ethernet drivers the same way you did with wifi drivers.

Open Device Manager,
locate entries with yellow exclamation marks (Ethernet Controller),
choose update driver,
choose Browse my computer for drivers and
specify location, where you extracted drivers.

Jul 16, 2022
Install ethernet drivers the same way you did with wifi drivers.
Thats a problem though. I was trying to do that earlier when the wifi just randomly turned on by itself. When I browsed for the LAN file and clicked it, it just says it could not find the drivers for the device. Then the wifi just happened to turn on. I tried again for the LAN but its still saying the same message. My apologies for the terrible camera quality.
View: https://imgur.com/ltyTZfU

View: https://imgur.com/oRJLb22

Jul 16, 2022
So a bit of an update to my situation. At one point the computer randomly restarted and began doing a ton of windows updates. After which the graphics card was able to properly install its updates and a LAN was installed from the Armoury Crate app. The motherboard LAN drive still wont even do anything when clicked though. I'm a bit worried that something may still be wrong with the motherboard though. Is there something else I should make sure is installed? Could you help me understand what could be causing this? And explain to me a little more as to why the VGA wont install either?

Solution
Jul 16, 2022
I was able to update the Graphic Card after the whole windows update train, but I just wasnt sure if the VGA was still needed. Because the VGA is still giving the same response and the LAN driver still wont do anything. So I was wondering if something was still missing from the computer that could be effecting that. The scan shows theres nothing that needs updating. So does that mean the VGA isnt needed? My last concern is that w/e is causing this driver installation problem isnt hiding in a way that will come back to bite me with something else.

I just wasnt sure if the VGA was still needed. Because the VGA is still giving the same response
So does that mean the VGA isnt needed?
What VGA ? Are you asking about Intel VGA drivers?

If you have discrete graphics card installed, then Intel iGPU gets disabled.
And you can't install Intel VGA drivers, if iGPU is disabled.
and the LAN driver still wont do anything.
Since your board has Intel LAN chip, then Intel support assistant should be able to find/install appropriate drivers for it.
Asus LAN driver install app seems to have some problem/not working properly.

Do you slill have enties with yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager?

Jul 16, 2022
What VGA ? Are you asking about Intel VGA drivers?
If you have discrete graphics card installed, then Intel iGPU gets disabled.
And you can't install Intel VGA drivers, if iGPU is disabled.

Do you slill have enties with yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager?

No, there are no more yellow markers in the device manager. I was mostly worried that something might be wrong with the computer since these few things weren't working, but If the app you gave me makes sure that all drivers are the best option then that should be it. I was merely asking about the VGA since it felt weird to not be able to install it since its usually part of the installation process. But if you say its not needed then I'll not worry about it. If I can ask you one more thing though since you've been a massive help so far, there's this small issue. Sometimes randomly when the computer restarts, I see and hear a small white pop happen in the tower. I believe it happens around the area where the graphics card's power cord is. Is this just something that can randomly happen? Its happened maybe 3-4 times and 2 of them had the spark.

but If the app you gave me makes sure that all drivers are the best option then that should be it.
Intel driver support assistant will find drivers for all Intel devices.
It will not help with non Intel hardware (like Nvidia graphics card).
I see and hear a small white pop happen in the tower. I believe it happens around the area where the graphics card's power cord is.
Can you make a photo of it?