Question windows 10 clean install error

drvke

Reputable
Mar 19, 2019
so i formatted my SSD to where it only has one partition labeled “unallocated space” but it says that “windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer’s hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk’s controller is enabled in the computer’s BIOS menu.” could you guys help me out?

drvke

Reputable
Mar 19, 2019
so i formatted my SSD to where it only has one partition labeled “unallocated space” but it says that “windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer’s hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk’s controller is enabled in the computer’s BIOS menu.” could you guys help me out?
i made sure that my mb is using AHCI and it allowed me to install, but once it restarts after the installation the boot media drive menu appears.

drvke

Reputable
Mar 19, 2019
i made sure that my mb is using AHCI and it allowed me to install, but once it restarts after the installation the boot media drive menu appears.
I removed the boot media drive to boot to my SSD, but it posts to select boot media drive, even though i have in BIOS

There is likely a mismatch with the partition scheme and the UEFI /bios set up.
Install using these steps

Create an up to date USB install media by following the steps outlined here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Then disconnect or disable all hdd /ssd drives but the one where you will install windows.

Insert the USB media tool, with the windows install files, into the board. Next startup, and go to the board setup and ensure the board is configured to use UEFI boot settings and that SATA mode is set to AHCI.

On the motherboard boot device menu, select the command that identifies both the firmware mode and the device. For example, select UEFI: USB Drive or Windows Boot Manager: USB and list that device in the first boot slot on the board.
Reboot. Install begins.

When choosing an installation type, select Custom. On new disks, the drive will show a single area of unallocated space. If there are partitions, select each one and then "delete".

Select the unallocated space and click Next. Windows detects that the PC was booted into UEFI mode, partitions the drive using the GPT and begins the installation.

NOTE: Any data on the drive will be lost

drvke

Reputable
Mar 19, 2019
There is likely a mismatch with the partition scheme and the UEFI /bios set up.
Install using these steps

Create an up to date USB install media by following the steps outlined here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Then disconnect or disable all hdd /ssd drives but the one where you will install windows.

Insert the USB media tool, with the windows install files, into the board. Next startup, and go to the board setup and ensure the board is configured to use UEFI boot settings and that SATA mode is set to AHCI.

On the motherboard boot device menu, select the command that identifies both the firmware mode and the device. For example, select UEFI: USB Drive or Windows Boot Manager: USB and list that device in the first boot slot on the board.
Reboot. Install begins.

When choosing an installation type, select Custom. On new disks, the drive will show a single area of unallocated space. If there are partitions, select each one and then "delete".

Select the unallocated space and click Next. Windows detects that the PC was booted into UEFI mode, partitions the drive using the GPT and begins the installation.

NOTE: Any data on the drive will be lost
once i finished following your instructions and the installation finished, the windows setup menu appeared again. i dont want to touch anything, as i really dont know what im doing. anything i should do? change BIOS boot order?