Windows 10 clean install freezes

jrm2018

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
I just recently built a new gaming pc. I put everything together and attempted to install windows 10 from a usb. I am able to click next to the language part and the install screen, once i reach the activation screen to enter the code it freezes. I have tried switching my ssd thinking that its the problem but the same issue occurred. I updated the bios of my mobo. Im running out of options and i am in desperate need of help.

Parts list:

Asus strix Z270F gaming mobo
i5 7600K intel 1151
120gb ssd pny
16gb corsair vengeance
Cryorig h7 lumi CPU fan
(Gpu) waiting on its delivery

Please help!
Thank you

Solution
Thank you for responding. I did update the bios, no ethernet was plugged in. I did create several usb drives to install windows.

However!!! I figured out the problem!

It was my mouse that is freezing it! I know it doesnt make any sense. Let me explain.
After flashing the bios, i noticed that it says i have two mices plugged in but theres anctually only one. So.. i restarted the pc, unplugged the mouse, used the keyboard to navigate to the windows install and BOOM! It installed it right away.

I didnt do anything different from my previous attempts. But unplugging the mouse made it work!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are you overclocked? Remove if so

How old is the installer? try making a new one on another USB: On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Do you have the latest BIOS on motherboard?

odd freezing there, what internet connection do you use? WiFi or Ethernet? Did you try clicking "I don't have a key" and see if it keeps installing?

jrm2018

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018

jrm2018

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Thank you for responding. I did update the bios, no ethernet was plugged in. I did create several usb drives to install windows.

However!!! I figured out the problem!

It was my mouse that is freezing it! I know it doesnt make any sense. Let me explain.
After flashing the bios, i noticed that it says i have two mices plugged in but theres anctually only one. So.. i restarted the pc, unplugged the mouse, used the keyboard to navigate to the windows install and BOOM! It installed it right away.

I didnt do anything different from my previous attempts. But unplugging the mouse made it work!

Reactions: Sindicase3
Solution
Sep 20, 2019
I had the same thing happen to me. I tried everything on the Microsoft website, but nothing worked. Turns out my ec2-a was freezing the install. Thank you so much man.