Windows 10 Desktop losing internet connection.

jtveclipse12

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
I live in a rural area and mobile broadband is the only internet i have access to. I've been using a usb modem plugged into a TP-Link Router, with a wired line running to my PC for the last few years.

Well recently I switch to a new service that uses a Netgear Fuse Mobile Hotspot. It works great. However after 2-4 hours my Windows 10 PC will lose connection or something. The page will load for a minute and give a time out error. But my phone and windows xp pc have no connection loss.

This happens only on the Windows 10 PC. It happens when I bridge the hotspot through my router and run a wire to my PC and when I just tether the hotspot to my PC. If I unplug the connection, windows 10 still shows i'm on the network. Restarting the PC seems to be the only way to get the connection back.

I've search through google over and over and have found nothing. If anyone might know what the issue is, i'd greatly appreciate it.

*Power save is not enabled

Solution
I have same problem on windows 10 machine and tried resetting the router, including doing factory reset by using straightened paper clip to press the pinhole button on the router for 5+ seconds. Also tried all the steps listed in this link: http://appuals.com/best-fix-one-or-more-network-protocols-are-missing/ With the exception of methods 4 and 5. Problems with methods 4 and 5 are detailed below:

Method 4: I can go into windows 10 registry and locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControl­Set/Control/Nsi/{eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123­-0050047759bc}/26 , and right click on it, set the permissions for 'everyone' to full access, apply changes and click okay. But when I run the BAT file the tutorial asks you to create for this...

jtveclipse12

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

I've done this to both the usb tether and lan adapater. Sorry forgot to mention that.

NunoAntunes

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
I'm not sure why that's happening
Try to put your ip set to dhcp and flush your dns when that happens and see if it solves it.
Open a command prompt with admin priviledges and type:
netsh interface IPv4 set dnsserver "Ethernet" dhcp

(If your network has another name other than Ethernet, put your network name inside the " ". You can check your network name on network sharing center.
Then write this:
ipconfig /flushdns

Test your connection to see if it's back.

jtveclipse12

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

This did not work, as it was already set to dhcp.

I tried assigning a static IP and DNS, but it happened again.

When the issues occurs running ipconfig /release and /renew both give the error "the operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation."

Googled the error and this was suggested.
Run CMD as admin.
type: netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
type: ipconfig /renew

So far this worked, i'll see if i run into the issue again.

Dennis4890

Commendable
May 28, 2016
I have same problem on windows 10 machine and tried resetting the router, including doing factory reset by using straightened paper clip to press the pinhole button on the router for 5+ seconds. Also tried all the steps listed in this link: http://appuals.com/best-fix-one-or-more-network-protocols-are-missing/ With the exception of methods 4 and 5. Problems with methods 4 and 5 are detailed below:

Method 4: I can go into windows 10 registry and locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControl­Set/Control/Nsi/{eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123­-0050047759bc}/26 , and right click on it, set the permissions for 'everyone' to full access, apply changes and click okay. But when I run the BAT file the tutorial asks you to create for this method, I still get access denied messages. I notice that even when I set permissions to full access, running the BAT file that contains commands to reset components of network connectivity will cause the permissions checkbox next to full access to go back to being unchecked for everyone.

Method 5: I am stuck at step that has you select Internet Protocol TCP/IP to install. I get error saying "this program is blocked by group policy error". I try to edit the registry in directory described, but inside the registry codeidentifiers directory, I cannot find the 0\Paths directory it mentions.

Does anyone have success downgrading to windows 8.1 or importing the winsock registry entries from a computer running windows 7? I tried solution 8 in the following link http://www.askvg.com/fix-one-or-more-network-protocols-are-missing-on-this-computer-error-in-windows , since I was previously getting Windows network diagnotics telling me that one or more network protocols are missing on this computer. I no longer get that message, but I recently tried downloading, extracting, and running the file that article provides for automatically deleting the winsock and winsock2 keys from windows registry and replacing it with new registry keys. It did not seem to hurt after I tried using internet again, but it didn't make an improvement either. I have since done a system restore back to where the machine was before I went into the registry.

Solution