[SOLVED] windows 10 does not see samsung galaxy j3 emerge using a usb cable.

Clifford Sanford

Reputable
Nov 24, 2019
Windows 10 does not see samsung galaxy j3 emerge using a usb cable. I had previously placed copies of photographs and videos on this phone. I need to be able too add and remove some files. When connected the phone does not appear in the file explorer. Samsung does not appear in the device manager under usb. How do I correct this problem. Tnx

Solution
Problem solved. It was discovered that Samsung had created a special app called Smart Switch. It is intended to provide a way to backup and restore files previously placed on the phones. To accomplish this they appear to have created additional security to the phones. Thus a security code must, be sent from the Smart Switch app to allow access to the files. During my first attempt to use the app it failed to work until the PC was restarted. The only remaining questions are is any of the software placed on the phone and will access to the phone remain after disconnecting the phone allowing access at a later date.

Clifford Sanford

Reputable
Nov 24, 2019
Problem solved. It was discovered that Samsung had created a special app called Smart Switch. It is intended to provide a way to backup and restore files previously placed on the phones. To accomplish this they appear to have created additional security to the phones. Thus a security code must, be sent from the Smart Switch app to allow access to the files. During my first attempt to use the app it failed to work until the PC was restarted. The only remaining questions are is any of the software placed on the phone and will access to the phone remain after disconnecting the phone allowing access at a later date.

Solution

Ok ... good to know.