Question Windows 10 Error Code 0xc0000001

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangoBorracho

Prominent
May 6, 2022
Recently I've been having some trouble with my computer. A couple weeks ago it wouldn't POST and showed the DRAM light, indicating a memory/hardware issue. After reseating the components and clearing CMOS, I was still having the issue. Sometimes it would POST and run normally but most of the time it would not. Finally, I updated the bios and it started running seemingly normal again with no POST failures.

Now after about a week of running fine, I've been getting this blue screen error code every once in a while upon start up when windows first loads: 0xc0000001. Also, at least once or twice a day the whole system stutters for a couple seconds, video, audio, everything. At first I thought that stuttering was network lag but I think it might be related to whatever is causing the blue screen error. I've tried running some system repair commands but it doesn't seem to have done anything. Any help with this issue is much appreciated!

Here are my system specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x
GPU: 2080 super. Gigabyte Windforce (3 fans)
Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus Wifi
PSU: Corsair RMx 850 Gold
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x16gb 3600
Storage: Corsair MP600 M.2 2tb, Samsung 860 QVO 1tb, Samsung 860 QVO 2tb
BIOS version: 4204

Colif

Win 11 Master
a) Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

b) right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

MangoBorracho

Prominent
May 6, 2022
a) Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
b) right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Thanks so much for your help! So I have setup Windows to create small memory dump files when there is a BSOD. I have not encountered again yet but will post the dmp file when it has another BSOD. I also entered those commands in powershell admin and there were no integrity violations found.

I've only been getting blue screens after startup when I reach the Windows login screen. If I don't enter my password and log in sometimes it will give a blue screen or restart itself then give a blue screen. Will Windows still create the minidump files if the BSOD happens before I log in?

Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.