[SOLVED] Windows 10 Error Messages

Oct 22, 2020
I just upgraded my laptop memory and received two error messages: 1. kernel security check failure 2. system thread exception not handled. I have windows 10 Home x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.1139. All my device drivers are up to date . My laptop is a Toshiba L655-S5072. I upgraded from two 2GB DDR3 chips to two 4GB DDR3 chips. The Bios does recognize the full 8GBs but then I get the error messages and it will boot up no further. When I replace the original 2GB chips the computer works normally. Please help me with some options. I would definately like to have the additional memory. Thanks for your help.

Oct 22, 2020
maybe it would help to get ram that is confirmed to work with the laptop.

sites like this let you find ram that should work - https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/dynabook-toshiba/satellite-l655-s5072

otherwise you can cause BSOD like you are getting now.
Thank you very much for your response. The memory chips I had were Crucial and had the same code as the ones in your link, plus a couple of extra letters at the end of the code. It took me four calls with the Crucial technical support before they finally told me the chips were just different enough to not work with my laptop. The solution - exchange them for the exact chip as indicated in your link to me. Thanks for setting me on the right path...