Question Windows 10 Error Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wittmann

Commendable
Feb 1, 2021
Windows 10 - version 21H1. The May update resulted in me getting a pop-up for each Internet item held on my taskbar every time I open from Sleep. Do you think the June update will rectify this fault ?
a7KtA5Y.jpg

Wittmann

Commendable
Feb 1, 2021
one fix could be to do this:

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

once you have usb, put it in the PC with error
open file explorer (win + e key)
navigate to the USB and run setup
this should offer to update windows install (as 21H1 isn't newest version)

that should fix the problem.
Thanks for that but I have not got a second computer.

JeffDeWitt

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
one fix could be to do this:

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

once you have usb, put it in the PC with error
open file explorer (win + e key)
navigate to the USB and run setup
this should offer to update windows install (as 21H1 isn't newest version)

that should fix the problem.

Why would he need a second computer?

Wittmann

Commendable
Feb 1, 2021
I have installed 21H2 using the Windows Update Assistant since posting and the pop-up still pops up - no change.
This issue is a Microsoft inclusion in their May Windows update. It never happened before.
I get a panel pop-up for each Internet items minimised to the taskbar on opening from Sleep. The panels are black for a few seconds then go white and say "just a moment" then disappear.
The fact they disappear so quickly infers to me that my PC is perfectly OK. They do not appear EVERY time I open from Sleep.
I tried the network adapter change - it never cured it.
If it is Microsoft's program problem, then Microsoft must put it right. I am not going to risk serious surgery on my PC just to get rid of two panels that simply pop-up and disappear.

Last edited:

Wittmann

Commendable
Feb 1, 2021
It is obviously a balmy Microsoft attempt to alert users that there is no Internet connection and not an error on the part of users computers.
It does not allow for the few seconds that a PC may take to respond from wake-up.
These panels do not show when opening from shutdown, because there are no live programs on the taskbar.

Last edited:

Wittmann

Commendable
Feb 1, 2021
The error panel is obviously activated on Internet closure and re-activates immediately the PC is switched on, which explains why it only takes a second or two to disappear once the Internet becomes live.

Status
Not open for further replies.