Windows 10 Ethernet Controller Error

-Uninformed Josh-

Honorable
Jan 31, 2015
I have just installed windows 10 64 bit education on my pc (custom built). First problem was my resolution being off, I figured I just needed to download the proper nvidia drivers (for gtx 550ti). However, there was a snag.

I have no internet connection at all. No network adapters are apparently available, or at least there are no drivers for them. In the device manager under network adapters I see a bunch of variations of WAN miniport though. When I try to troubleshoot the problem it identifies is to do with the ethernet controller. (I use ethernet connection) It says for the ethernet controller location PCI bus 3, device 0, function 0 that the drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers for this device. It prompts me to update the driver but nothing is found.

How am I going to fix this without internet? I'm guessing I'll need to find the drivers on a computer with internet access (such as the laptop I'm using right now) and download them to a usb, then connect that usb to the faulty pc. Where should I look for these drivers? I'm completely lost. It's ridiculous that windows 10 can't detect an ethernet connection. Literally right before I was running manjaro linux and that detected the ethernet just fine, a free distro.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm pretty frustrated with all this and I'm not particularly good at this stuff.

If it's any help at all I'm using a sky broadband box and my motherboard is an msi gaming 3. Those seem to be the most relevant components.

The info associated with the ethernet port is killer e2200 gigabit ethernet, 100m link speed. I found that in the click bios motherboard explorer.