Question Windows 10 extremely laggy

Oct 9, 2020
I work for a chemical company that uses Windows machines to control a Honeywell control system that operates a chemical plant. We recently upgraded our servers and operator computers to windows server 2016 and windows 10. We also upgraded the operator computers from Dell R5500's to Dell 7920's.

Since the upgrade there has been severe lag on the operator computers. CPU and RAM usage has not been overloaded so I dont think its a hardware issue. The computers are located in a server room and the graphics card uses a fiber optic connection that connects to a KVM box to control all peripherals. I noticed on the Dell support site that these model computers need an bios update due to slow performance. Unfortunately the bios is set by Honeywell and is not recommended to change. We purchase all the computers and software directly through Honeywell and who then comes and sets up our servers. Honeywell has not been much help on improving the performance of these machines so far. The problem is across 5 different machines and is not isolated to just one.

Im typically not the IT person but this is affecting my operation. Im looking for some tips or tests to perform to see where the problem is what our machines.