Windows 10 Failing Installation

Rutvik123

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
I built my computer, it went super smoothly. When I try installing Windows 10 it gives me an error (I've tried several times and gotten several error codes) the main one seemed to be error code 0xc0000005. I thought It may be my HDD so I install Windows 10 onto my laptop using the same flash drive, it installs successfully. I take out the hdd from the old laptop and plug it in into my new PC, it loads into the Windows 10 desktop screen and crashes (bsod). I thought I might give a different sata port a try, that didint work either. I don't know if it's faulty ram or what seems to be the problem.

Solution

Because this rarely works:
"I take out the hdd from the old laptop and plug it in into my new PC, it loads into the Windows 10 desktop screen and crashes (bsod)"

It needs to be installed on the system where it will live. Not moving from one system to another.
Hi there Rutvik123,

You need to install OS while your HDD is attached to the desktop. It is really not a strange thing, that you get a BSOD while trying to boot OS installed on a system with completely different hardware.

What you can do is to attach the drive with different cables, to another port.
How many RAM sticks do you have? My suggestion would be to leave just a single RAM stick.

Let us know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)

USAFRet

Titan

Because this rarely works:
"I take out the hdd from the old laptop and plug it in into my new PC, it loads into the Windows 10 desktop screen and crashes (bsod)"

It needs to be installed on the system where it will live. Not moving from one system to another.

Solution