Windows 10 fps drop?

Tkennedy1993

Honorable
May 26, 2015
I just upgraded to windows 10. I have updated my graphics driver and everything and cant figure out why I went from 190-240fps to 75-90 fps. I am playing cs:go. My specs are

Asus a88xm-a
8gb of 1333mhz
AMD a10-7850k
Radeon R9 280

I am just curious of why I have such a fps drop. If I cant fix it I'm going back to windows 7.

Solution
I'm going to go out on a limb here. If I had to guess, I would but that the newest drivers that were released yesterday for an operating system that was released yesterday aren't as mature as the ones for operating systems that have years of maturity.

barto

Expert
Ambassador
I'm going to go out on a limb here. If I had to guess, I would but that the newest drivers that were released yesterday for an operating system that was released yesterday aren't as mature as the ones for operating systems that have years of maturity.

Solution

Tkennedy1993

Honorable
May 26, 2015
This is true. It was just a very large drop. I love the new xbox stream thing since I was a console player for 8 years. I am gonna hold on and hope they will fix it here soon. If I hear anything else about it or find a solution I will let you know thanks.

barto

Expert
Ambassador
That's the thing, I'm not upgrading for another couple weeks. I'm not sure what people are expecting but the forums are full of Windows 10 threads and wanting help. There are very few software packages released without flaws. Now rather than testing, they find a stable version and release it to the public in order to find all the bugs. It's a large drop for sure but we have zero benchmarks on game performances. It's a new slate. The only thing you can do is wait.