Windows 10 Gets Boot Camp Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Been using 10 on a MacBook for months now. Didn't know there were supposed to be problems.

You mean apart from the touchpad not supporting any of the windows 10 gestures, or the GPU running full blast all the time even when you're just on the desktop? Those problems?

I inherited a 2010 Macbook Pro, and it is hilarious how obviously crippled it is when running Windows. Apple either neglected to put in the work to make dynamic GPU switching work, or they intentionally refused to do it so OSX would look better than it really was. Either way, I don't see myself ever buying a Mac in the future. Windows still runs great on 6 year old hardware, whereas OSX Yosemite has dragged all the mac systems at my work to a pitiful crawl. It's just unnecessary.

Regardless, I guess it's good they managed to put SOME effort toward making windows work, if only but the bare minimum.

Sonicbounty50

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
As much as I prefer Windows 10 over 8, I still only use it for gaming. OS X and Linux will always be my choice for a main desktop operating system.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I hear you Sonic. I'm a Windows guy by trade for my day job, but at home, and when I'm performing (DJ) I use my 2010 MBP, and nothing but Macs at home. The only exception is my Gaming rig which except for the VC, and SSDs is over 5 years old. It rocks windows 10 like there's no tomorrow. Solid, fast, love it for gaming.

macmuchmore

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
Please look closely at the included chart that shows the eligible Macs for Win 10 - pretty sure there are some issues in the MacBook Air, MacBook, and iMac columns (such as there were no server iMacs or 21.5/27 inch MacBooks/MacBook Pros)

PC newb 09

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
I don`t get this kind of people.. they overpay for a Mac and then they go trough some trouble to install Windows ...

honestly i used to think they were overpriced too, until you part out the computer, its actually pretty decent pricing

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
On a late 2011 MacBook Pro, with an SSD and 8GB of memory that runs both Yosemite and Windows 8.1 perfectly through Boot Camp, I upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Windows 10 runs fast but has some glitches because Apple didn't upgrade Boot Camp for the Late 2011 MacBook model. There is no reason why the Late 2011 MacBook Pro can not run both Yosemite or El Capitan with Windows 10. The first glitch you will notice is that Windows 7 Backup inside Windows 10 fails. Certain conditions cause the keyboard and mouse to freeze but generally only occurred to me after running the Windows 7 Backup. The worst glitch, which destroyed both the Yosemite partition and Windows 10 partition, was when deleting an existing partition that was Drive D: in order to expand the main Boot Camp drive C: in Windows 10. It didn't take Apple that long to create drivers for their older MacBook Pro laptops and they should include the 2011 models to create good customer satisfaction ratings with their products. I used to dislike Apple products until my work provided the 2011 MacBook Pro and switched to an iPhone. Now I prefer to live in the Apple ecosystem at home but still need a Windows partition for other work related software.

Status
Not open for further replies.