Windows 10 help

sitkces

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
I'm building a new pc. I got my windows 10 from a free upgrade from Windows 7 30-day trial.

I'm gonna use the old hardrive (currently 32bit) on this pc as it is a 2TB and this is what i bought first for downloading games on this old pc lol.

My question is, can I use the Media Creation Tool to make a x64 Win10 installer and use that to boot a Win10 Os and activate the Windows 10 via my microsoft account on the newly built pc?

Or should i just use the Media Creation tool and install it directly with 64-bit Win10 os on the new pc with the old hardrive?

Any help i can get would be great as the only missing part now is the motherboard for the new pc to work.

Solution

Your best move forward is to purchase a new OS for your new system.
Win 10 Home 64bit.

sitkces

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014

Thank you so much for this!! :)

but what does this mean? "The edition of Windows on your device doesn’t match the edition of Windows you linked to your digital license." Do i need the 32bit os on the new pc or i can install the 64bit os and then safely activate the licesnse? Or thts just in concern with the "Pro" or "Home" versions?

USAFRet

Titan

Where are you seeing that?
When trying to link the OS to your MS account?

This might be the reason:
"...a free upgrade from Windows 7 30-day trial"

Was this OS ever actually activated?

sitkces

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
Unfortunately it wasn't. It was only in trial period when i upgraded. But if ever i made it work, will the 32bit (on this pc) affect the activation of the 64bit os (on the new pc)?

USAFRet

Titan

Your best move forward is to purchase a new OS for your new system.
Win 10 Home 64bit.

Solution

sitkces

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014

Thanks for this! I'm gonna try to make it work first but if not, I'm gonna buy a retail copy. Thanks!! :)

TRENDING THREADS