Question Windows 10 home not recognizing network device drivers

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
I recently upgraded my cpu, motherboard, ram and PSU. Ever since; Windows 10 does not seem to recognize the new motherboard's network, Ethernet, and other device. Whatever drivers I do have show up under "other devices" with yellow exclamation marks next to it

I've tried doing a clean install of Windows 10. I've tried manually installing drivers, both as admin and in safe mode. I've even tried changing mother boards twice to where I am on my third new motherboard but nothing has solved this problem.

My only conclusion that something about my copy of Windows 10 (which I burned onto a DVD years ago) is causing some kind of conflict. Is this possible? Is there some kind of work around? Is it possible that because I am not running Windows 11 (I've tried two b660 boards and a h670) it is causing this issue?

Did you install the latest Intel Chipset drivers, and the Intel Serial IO drivers? Those usually solve most of the yellow exclamation marks. As for ethernet, what specific chip does your motherboard have for ethernet and did you load the specific driver for that specific chip? As a last resort you could try loading the Intel Management Engine driver although I personally have found its not really necessary.

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Did you install the latest Intel Chipset drivers, and the Intel Serial IO drivers? Those usually solve most of the yellow exclamation marks. As for ethernet, what specific chip does your motherboard have for ethernet and did you load the specific driver for that specific chip? As a last resort you could try loading the Intel Management Engine driver although I personally have found its not really necessary.
I did try installing the chipset and series up drivers that where listed in the motherboards support. I also tried loading any other drivers listed under the support page and going to device manager and uninstalling any of the yellow exclamation mark drivers before installing the new ones. Regardless of how I tried the install; the drivers appeared with the yellow checkmark in device manager

(Reason I haven't responded in so long is because I got frustrated with the lack of progress and went to Microcenter to have someone else take a look at. So far they can't even get into Windows because of existing fault with the motherboard)

Reactions: dwd999