Windows 10 Icons

Stackimaginable

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Hi guys,
So recently, out of interest, I tried installing a Vista Skin pack on my windows 10 machine. Unfortunately, McAfee quarantined two viruses and shut down the program mid-flight, which resulted with me having some Vista Icons (Some green folders, Vista control panel icon etc.), and the rest normal Windows 10. However, when I went to try and change them back through the properties, and change icon. In the window that pops up full of icons, it appears the skin pack replaced some of the windows 10 ones with vista ones, so the windows 10 is no longer there. I don't have a system restore point, it only backs up my files. Is there any way I can get it back to normal?
Thanks.

Stackimaginable

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

Most icons are fine, just a few. I can get on without them. But can I reinstall the OS and have it keep my files? I think it can. Might try that...

USAFRet

Titan

No guarantees. This is what restore points and backups are for.

Stackimaginable

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

Yes, I know that,my files are backed up, I just never had the time to make a restore point. Now the skin pack said it made one, but I think that whole thing was corrupted when McAfee quarantined half it's files.

TRENDING THREADS