[SOLVED] Windows 10 install onto new computer with ssd

jdw892000

Prominent
Feb 10, 2020
The ssd I’m trying to download windows onto from my usb isn’t detected in boot priority unless it’s in legacy mode. But when I switch to legacy mode it says windows cannot be installed on this disk. If I switch back UEFI and try to download it, my computer will restart after doing the initial download, but when it restarts it comes back to the windows setup screen to start the install process again.

Solution
When it restarts, go directly into the BIOS and change the boot order from your USB drive being first to the Windows boot manager being first. Windows boot manager is what you want set as first boot device, AFTER the initial portion of the Windows installation, for any UEFI configurations. Otherwise what is likely happening is that upon each reboot the system is beginning the Windows installation all over again because the USB drive is set to 1st in the boot order, so it just starts again every time. So either set it to Windows boot manager after the first restart but BEFORE it gets to the point where it begins installing again, OR find and use the one time "boot from USB device" setting usually found on the exit page of most...
When it restarts, go directly into the BIOS and change the boot order from your USB drive being first to the Windows boot manager being first. Windows boot manager is what you want set as first boot device, AFTER the initial portion of the Windows installation, for any UEFI configurations. Otherwise what is likely happening is that upon each reboot the system is beginning the Windows installation all over again because the USB drive is set to 1st in the boot order, so it just starts again every time. So either set it to Windows boot manager after the first restart but BEFORE it gets to the point where it begins installing again, OR find and use the one time "boot from USB device" setting usually found on the exit page of most motherboard BIOS configurations, so that it isn't set to USB as first boot device to begin with.

Solution