[SOLVED] Windows 10 install won't detect the SSD I am trying to install windows on.

Apr 14, 2020
Hey, I have just acquired a new laptop and am currently trying to install windows 10 on it with a bootable USB drive. However, the windows 10 install does not detect the SSD, while the insydeh20 bios does. The laptop in mind is Acer Nitro 5 (NH.Q5BEP.06H), with a Micron 2200 series 256GB SSD. Desperately looking for help

Solution
Thanks for your response. I have tried looking for the drivers you've mentioned, however, on the official micron webpage there are only software/firmware upgrades available. Is there any other way of acquiring these drivers?
You should look for laptop drivers, not the SSD, also make sure the laptop (or its BIOS) supports boot from NVMe SSDs. If not - look for m2 SATA SSD instead of the one you got.
Apr 14, 2020
At some point the install offers you to load additional drivers, at this point you would want to load the sata ahci driver for your laptop so that the ssd gets detected. Alternatively, you can turn on “csm” in the bios if it is available.

Thanks for your response. I have tried looking for the drivers you've mentioned, however, on the official micron webpage there are only software/firmware upgrades available. Is there any other way of acquiring these drivers?

You should look for laptop drivers, not the SSD, also make sure the laptop (or its BIOS) supports boot from NVMe SSDs. If not - look for m2 SATA SSD instead of the one you got.

Solution
Apr 14, 2020