Windows 10 Installation missing drivers.

APotatoCalledJoe

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
Not the biggest tech guy, but I managed to get the Windows 10 ISO burnt onto a USB that I have to switch my computer over from Linux to, as mentioned, Windows 10. However, now that I have plugged in and booted from the USB, whenever I click "Install", I am told that my USB doesn't have the needed drivers to complete the install. How do I fix this issue, and what drivers do I need? I have the following parts list:

Mobo: MSI B250 Pro-VDH
CPU: Intel i5 7400
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630
Storage: Kingston SSD Now V3000 or something like that. 120GB.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Splitdead

Commendable
Feb 23, 2017
I think your windows 10 iso wasn't completely urnt or downloaded...first try the unetbootin software for burning.. if the problem persists try a diff version of iso.

https://unetbootin.github.io/

Splitdead

Commendable
Feb 23, 2017

Joe isnt having windows yet and rufus works only for windows thats why i suggested unetbootin.otherwise rufus is my favourite too.:bounce:

very true, and he may have more than one computer, if unsuccessful on his Linux box, he can try on a different computer with windows on it , like one from a friend, I am just providing all possible options to solve his solution. :p

APotatoCalledJoe

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
Very sorry about the late reply, my mother was rushed to a hospital, got really sick. Anyways, I did use unetbootin to burn the iso onto my USB, and I know for a fact that it completed the burn. However, if I do need a different version of the iso, where would I locate it. Also, if I can't get it to work on my rig, I do have a friend with Windows, but I make no promises I can convince him to let me use it.

APotatoCalledJoe

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
Okay so, I might be an idiot for more than one reason right now. First off, I forgot to clear my SSD to begin with, making a custom install impossible due to it being a linux box and already having a partition in what I believe was a different format. Secondly, me, being an idiot, was hitting upgrade, which needs a Windows version already installed. So, no wonder I didn't have the drivers, it was trying to pull them off of my SSD with Linux drivers! I believe I have sorted everything out however, if not, I shall return.