Windows 10 is being a pain

Hello,
For the first time in ages, I've been presented with a problem that I believe is software related but wasn't resolved by clean installing Windows.

Here are the specs of the system before I started messing with it:
Intel i5 6500
MSI B150 PC Mate
16GB (2 x 8GB) generic unbranded memory I got from the computer guy downtown for a really low price. The individual chips themselves are branded nanya
240GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO
1TB WD Blue
Asus R9280X-DC2T-3GD5
Nvidia GTX 760 ti (OEM)
Cooler Master V1000

Here's what was going on before I clean installed:
1) Windows was slow.
2) Display drivers were not cooperating. This was my mistake in putting an Nvidia and AMD card in the same machine. It always seemed to be the AMD drivers that didn't play well, specifically a file called atieclxx.exe which I've had problems with on other machines as well.
3) The system would lock up at seemingly random times, didn't matter whether it was idle or under high load. Windows would completely lock up, but the system still responded to holding the power button for 3 seconds. In doing so, a Kernel-Power event was logged in Event Viewer. I would assume this is in response to shutting down the system improperly.
4) The device disconnect sound effect would play at random times. It was always closely followed by the device connect sound effect.

Here's what I did while there was no OS installed:
1) Removed the 760 ti (it was the louder of the two)
2) Loaded optimized defaults in BIOS
3) Reseated the RAM and the GPU, made sure all power and data cables were nice and tight (they were)
4) Got my hair stuck in the CPU cooler while it was spinning... At least I didn't jam the fan. I stuck my head in the machine to try to determine where a high pitched sound was coming from, turns out to be the graphics card. I'm not worried about a little coil whine.

Here's what's happening after a clean install:
1) Display drivers are being their usual pain. I'm not getting the crashes I was before, just poor driver optimization. I'm blaming this on AMD, not Microsoft.
2) The device disconnect sound effect plays at random times. It's no longer followed by the device connect sound effect. All devices appear to work properly, there appear to be no events logged in Event Viewer regarding this issue.
3) Browsers are slow. speedtest.net says I'm getting 85Mb/s down and 15Mb/s up so I don't think my internet connection is to blame. Yes, I did install all relevant drivers for the motherboard. Should I try removing and then reinstalling the gigabit ethernet drivers?

I've used different RAM, different CPUs, and different PSUs. The annoyances persist.

I've only installed the programs that I really need, I've already optimized startup objects. No, I didn't disable any drivers while in the Startup tab.

Have I missed anything? What would be your next steps?

Any and all help is appreciated.

-Darren

Solution
Have you gone to MSI website for your motherboard model and looked in utilities for a program called Live Update 6? Download it and see if it thinks your drivers are up to date, as that is likely to be main reason

You could download Samsung Magician and use it to check you have latest firmware on ssd, that might help.

4 made me laugh, not sure its related though

I know MS meant to be able to run with 2 GPU from different makers but I don't know how well optimised it is yet.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you gone to MSI website for your motherboard model and looked in utilities for a program called Live Update 6? Download it and see if it thinks your drivers are up to date, as that is likely to be main reason

You could download Samsung Magician and use it to check you have latest firmware on ssd, that might help.

4 made me laugh, not sure its related though

I know MS meant to be able to run with 2 GPU from different makers but I don't know how well optimised it is yet.

Solution

1) I have not done this.
2) I have not done this either.
3) I'm glad I was able to provide some amusement.
4) Apparently it's not optimized yet.

I will try your solutions tomorrow, it's 23:10 where I live.

I guess AMD just hates me. Figures.

That was one of my first steps... IDK why I didn't list it in the post.

You mentioned earlier about using different make graphics cards in the same system. Are you referring to MDA mode in the DX12 API? That never did anything useful for me.

How does you being in a different time zone make me slow?

In all honesty, I was going to make a joke about slow=retarded because I do have mental difficulties. I'm not bothered, you can joke if you wish. But I decided I'd rather not post it because others might be more sensitive. Then I decided to announce my decision because I can.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I haven't looked into how 2 different make cards were meant to work, I just recall seeing it mentioned in a video last year. You probably know more about GPU than I do.

i was just joking about being so many hours ahead, nothing else. I didn't mean anything else by it.