[SOLVED] Windows 10 Lite?

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
So I have searched around the internet for some OS that my PC can handle, with almost the same performance as Windows 7, and I have found a weird thing named "Windows 10 Lite" and "Windows 10 SuperLite" which are debloated versions of Windows 10. Are these versions safe? Will my PC be at risk of being infected by something?

Specs:
Pentium E5200 (will be replaced by Core 2 Quad Q9650)
Strontium 2GB DDR2 RAM
250GB Samsung HDD
235 watt PSU
Dell 0M863N motherboard

Solution
You might want to look at something like Linux. Linux Mint has a user interface similar to the one in Windows, and it takes a whole lot less system resources than Windows.
So I have searched around the internet for some OS that my PC can handle, with almost the same performance as Windows 7, and I have found a weird thing named "Windows 10 Lite" and "Windows 10 SuperLite" which are debloated versions of Windows 10. Are these versions safe? Will my PC be at risk of being infected by something?

Specs:
Pentium E5200 (will be replaced by Core 2 Quad Q9650)
Strontium 2GB DDR2 RAM
250GB Samsung HDD
235 watt PSU
Dell 0M863N motherboard

I guess I shouldn't continue the installation. But, can my PC handle the original version of Windows 10?

With those specs, if you at least double the RAM and install a solid state drive it will be OK, but for the cost of that you can just buy a used $100 newer system to use. Many business systems even with an Intel i5, 2nd or 3rd gen are around for $100ish. Which is what you would cost on a new CPU, drive and more RAM.

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
With those specs, if you at least double the RAM and install a solid state drive it will be OK, but for the cost of that you can just buy a used $100 newer system to use. Many business systems even with an Intel i5, 2nd or 3rd gen are around for $100ish. Which is what you would cost on a new CPU, drive and more RAM.
I've got a Q9650 and 3x 2GB DDR2 RAM today for free and the thing I only need to buy rn is the graphics card. These parts are being trashed in my country, or sometimes sold, the CPU costs $20 and 3x 2GB DDR2 RAM 800 MHz costs $8. I could buy a 250GB SSD for $30 since I can benefit from it when I buy my new system, I could just move it to the newer system or let it be in the optiplex.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS