windows 10 long SSD boot time 3 minutes (was 13 seconds) (long windows logo load time)

justprodit101

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
So i used to have a 13~ second boot time but now my bios loads up for a few seconds and windows logo loads for 3 Minutes Straight then my desktop loads and works just fine(gaming,video), I dont remember much but that i updated my mobo bios and several other drivers using driver booster my relevant specifications are :

0-asus z170 pro gaming mobo

1-Windows 10 pro 64 bit version 1703 OS 15063.786

2-i5-6600k

3-16gb Ram

4-Bullet Proof 5 Eco m.2 240gb SSD

I tried alot of the online fixes and they did nothing i will try to list the ones i tried:

I tried to use SFC scan and dism health-restore

I tried to trim and delete some files from my SSD (16gb free now)

I tried to disable fast boot from power options

I tried to modifiy my csm support settings in my bios

nothing i try is working please help.

Solution
well you can always do the option of doing a fresh windows install. :) this is the quickest and surest solution to know the baseline loading speed of your windows on your system. then youll know it has to be on your hardware specs/controller. drivers. next time it gets slow again. you'll know its a software service youve installed on your system.

you can try disabling all your services on startup and see if it makes a difference. press winkey+r. type "msconfig". services. hide all ms servcies. disable all. also go to startup. and disable all of them if you want.

first check if this improves your windows loading. and if it does. you do the same procedure and enable a service at a time per manufacturer.

justprodit101

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017

I uninstalled it the windows loading screen is still taking too long also I used windows update troubleshooter i am going to try to restart it now

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
well you can always do the option of doing a fresh windows install. :) this is the quickest and surest solution to know the baseline loading speed of your windows on your system. then youll know it has to be on your hardware specs/controller. drivers. next time it gets slow again. you'll know its a software service youve installed on your system.

you can try disabling all your services on startup and see if it makes a difference. press winkey+r. type "msconfig". services. hide all ms servcies. disable all. also go to startup. and disable all of them if you want.

first check if this improves your windows loading. and if it does. you do the same procedure and enable a service at a time per manufacturer.

Solution